Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I disabled both Arlo Cameras because i couldn't sleep because the wind was blowing now i can't enabl

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
exspfx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot enable my two Arlo cameras after I disabled them because they were going off every 30 seconds because the wind was blowing. Now when I go into settings there is no toggle to re enable them! I have looked under all the device settings and there is no toggle!

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@exspfx wrote:

I cannot enable my two Arlo cameras after I disabled them because they were going off every 30 seconds because the wind was blowing. Now when I go into settings there is no toggle to re enable them! I have looked under all the device settings and there is no toggle!

How did you "disable" them?

1. pausing notifications?
  2. disarming the cameras from the mode screen?
  3. turning off the cameras in device settings?
exspfx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Number 3

exspfx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am caring for my 87 year old father with dementia and I went home to sleep in my own bed while Helping Hands were here and I turned the Motion detection all the way off but that didn't help. I had turned off notifications the last time but I had not slept much in three days so I disabled them instead using the toggle...now that I want to enable them I cannot find the toggle to enable them. I want to let you know I am at my father's house and not my own which is 5 minutes away. I saw where someone said they fixed theirs by enabling geo fence but I tried that and I have tried logging put and back in but still no toggle!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@exspfx wrote:

Number 3

Then you should see a "device on" switch in the device settings for the cameras.

device on.png

exspfx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I don't know what happened it was not there before but it just showed up...weird! It is almost like the screen refreshed! Thank you for responding...I had checked the device settings and it was not there and when I clicked it again it was like it refreshed and there it was...I may need to reboot my phone! Thank you very much for the help!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@exspfx wrote:

Well I don't know what happened it was not there before but it just showed up...weird! 

I think this might be related to the app update to 3.8.  I just saw another user post that their system also did this.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation