Smart Hub won’t Sync with Pro2

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NoSubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the VMB5000 Smart Hub to sync with a Pro2. Was surprised to get the message that the Pro 2 ‘requires a subscription to be active’. I can not get the pro 2 to work, and the App drops me out before I get to speak with a human. Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Something to consider,

the vmb5000 will generally swap out the vmb4000 series although it uses a microSD card instead of the USB.

Be aware the arlo account has a 5 camera unsubscribe limit so users have been using a second account to split the cameras across multiple accounts and share access.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

How many cameras do you have on the account? What models and subscription?

NoSubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, thanks for the reply

I have a smart hub VMB5000 and a pro 2 camera. It syncs ok, but then I can’t use the camera as the message ‘need a subscription’ is all I can see.

I also have the pro 2 hub, usb memory, with 5 cameras that work well. The second pro 2 hub was damaged during movement and storage during the 2020 episode that affected so many of us. The VMB 5000 was a replacement for the above reasons.

The reason I bought this hub is that I was considering buying a pro 4 XL or Ultra 2 XL in addition to the pro 2. I do not wish to pay for a subscription as I don’t need it, and have payed for the equipment so that I wouldn’t need it. I was going to stick with Arlo over switching to competitors, but if this issue can’t be resolved, will probably send this hub back and move on from ‘the great reset, everything’s a subscription now’

Thanks again, and best regards

Brad

NoSubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_7674.jpegIMG_7675.jpeg

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Something to consider,

the vmb5000 will generally swap out the vmb4000 series although it uses a microSD card instead of the USB.

Be aware the arlo account has a 5 camera unsubscribe limit so users have been using a second account to split the cameras across multiple accounts and share access.

NoSubs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Excellent thanks. Sorted

Have already ordered a new Camera

Happy to be sticking with an American brand instead of an unspecified country where most of your competitors originate. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation