Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

Discovered today that the siren is not sounding when toggled. Can anyone shed some light on this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi everyone, as mentioned I rebooted the base station and now the siren sounds. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Glasto wrote:
Discovered today that the siren is not sounding when toggled. Can anyone shed some light on this...

Can you say a bit more about what you are doing and what happens?

Have you tried triggering the alarm with modes and rules?

I'm not familiar with the "toggle" label in the context of alarms.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

The red bell, top right in the app. When you tap on it and toggle the siren to on it doesn't sound.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I have the same issue described, same if the siren is triggered from a rule. This happens even on a fresh base station.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Glasto and Dannybear,

Assuming this is referring to the Arlo Pro Base Station (VMB4000), does the siren work when toggling it through the web client on your computer?

Dannybear
Master
Master
JessicaP,
On my two VMB4000 Base stations the siren fails to sound if it is manually activated from the iOS iPhone 5s app or the web portal browser.

The siren also fails to sound if motion or sound triggers it from the mode rules.

This fault appears after I get the Base station offline event that occurs twice daily.

Power cycling the base station will restore the siren sound operation until the next Base station offline event.

I have observed the same behaviour on a new base station loaded only with the latest firmware.
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Add me too. I have to reboot the base station for the siren to work. 

When it fails I can’t turn the siren on with the app and the camera fails to trigger the alarm if I move in front of it.

I’ve  tried different modes and all seem unresponsive until the reboot takes place. 

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi everyone, as mentioned I rebooted the base station and now the siren sounds. Thanks for your help.
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Reboot does solve it but it’s  temporary as the issue keeps returning. 

@Glasto wrote:

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Once again the siren fails to work, this is happening daily. 

Motion fails to set it off yet picks me up, the app fails to turn on the siren.

im finding motion detection at best iffy. It’s pointing at my van yet I can get in and drive off and return and the system fails to pick this up.

it seemed more reliable before I took out the free trial subcription for a months trial. Is it this that is the problem?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If anyone is having problems where the siren doesn't toggle even after rebooting the Base Station, pease contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like I’ve solved the siren issue. I had 2 zones added and removed them and now the the system is running as it should.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation