Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Signed up CVR but stops recording. Continuous recording at night without having phone on?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Doualaboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I signed up to the CRV subscription, plugged in the camera and I can set the camera to record at night but as soon as I switch off my phone the camera stops recording. Any idea how you can keep the camera recording throughout the night without having my phone on? 

Thanks

Adam 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The phone has no connection to whether a camera is operating. As long as the system is powered on and has Internet connectivity recordings and CVR are active. The phone or computer is just an interface to see what's happening.

How do you know the camera stops working? Test to see if any recordings are made with the phone off. A screenshot of the CVR timeline might be useful.

Doualaboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I don't see any option to record Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 20.35.51.pngScreenshot 2020-02-06 at 20.36.53 1.png 

Doualaboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

so when I hit record, either from the app on my phone or from the laptop, it works fine but as soon as I leave the app it just stops. I get to see the recording in my library but it's a short recording. 

If I leave the app open on my phone or on the laptop then it keeps recording... am I missing something?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CVR should always record. Your timeline indicates that it isn't. For motion recording, what mode is selected in the Mode tab? Try Armed to be sure.

I think you should contact support about the CVR issue - use the link at the bottom here.

Doualaboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - for some reason I was unable to log in so hence the delayed response. I will contact customer service.

Adam 

Doualaboys
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh and yes it was set to armed. I tried over and over again  - the only way to do continuous recording was to keep my iphone / laptop open. As soon as I close the app it stops recording.  

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation