Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - why do i get motion alerts whenever I view an active mode camera?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dave_chaplain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whenever I live view a camera that's in an active mode I get motion notifications from the camera I'm viewing about every 30 seconds.   The notifications stop when I exit live view.  Video recording does not take place with the notification, although both notification and recording are enabled.    

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's certainly not supposed to happen. Start be power cycling the base and reinsert the battery to reset the camera. If needed, try removing and resyncing the camera.

dave_chaplain
Aspirant
Aspirant

After recycling base and camera power, and camera sync, when accesing the active mode camera I now get just one motion notification as soon as the video goes live, rather than every 30 seconds or so.   But that one motion detection sets off the alarm siren, as it is set to do on motion detection.  So better, but still a problem.

dave_chaplain
Aspirant
Aspirant

In trying to resolve this issue I decided to delete all devices,  reset the base station, and start over from the start again.   And I think my initial issue is resolved now (or at least at the moment it seems to be resolved), but now I can't enable recording on my 5th camera.   It tells me that I need to upgrade my account to be able to set the system to record on the 5th camera after a motion or sound detection event.   This is getting tiresome ... and I now have fewer capabilities than when I started.     

dave_chaplain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, reset everything and started again, and the 5th camera is recording again, but now the original problem is back - when I access a camera that's active and set to notify, record, and sound the alarm, it sends a motion notification as soon as I go live on the camera and sounds the alarm.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you've done everything I would have. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation