Signal Booster for Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Follower
Follower

I just bought my 6pack Arlo Pro 2 camera and the outside cameras simply doesn't work due to the signal strength. I really hope that Arlo has a solution for this, or at least open the camera's wifi password as i can install a 3rd party wifi range extender.
Wireless cameras is a great option over wired ones, IF it works.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

If you need better signal strength, you have 2 options:

1) Move the base to be more centrally located relative to the cameras

2) Use another (or more) base so that the signal for the attached cameras is sufficient.

A WiFi extender won't work to extend the Arlo signal since it would have to be able to join the dedicated WiFi from the base which isn't allowed. You can use a WiFi or powerline extender to allow easy connection of another base without running long cables.

A question, though, about the outdoor cameras - what is the house construction? Stucco, for instance, uses a wire mesh to support it which tends to block the signal well.

Highlighted
Master Master
Master

Make sure you have the latest firmware on the hub and cameras.  There have been several releases and they have improved the signal strength. I have one camera outside 180 feet from the house and it shows two bars.  If your house construction blocks WiFi, then you would need to place a hub where it can get a signal from the outside cameras.

You wouldn't be able to use an extender with the cameras even if you had the password.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation