Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Kaysahn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have seen the closed board that covered this topic back in February 2024 but this has just happened to my husband.

He cannot access the modes to turn the cameras off and on. This is only happening on his I-phone which is operating on IOS 17.7 (Iphone Xr). App version is 5.0.2.

I too have done all the reset, delete and reload, log out, log in, cancel sharing and reinstalling it and nothing seems to work.

How was this fixed please?

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to our development team who is currently investigating this. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

55 REPLIES 55
MargL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,
Just wondering if you can help please?

Since upgrading my Arlo app to 5.0.2 (8417) 19 Sep 2024 on my iPhone, I have not been able to see the mode of my station. It's always showing 'offline' even though all the devices are online. Hence I can't change the mode any more.

Other than the mode function, every works fine. Can you please help?
Regards,
Marg

Gess78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I hope they fix this quickly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tstrawn wrote:

Same problem, started with the October Arlo iOS app updates on iOS devices,

shared devices show offline on the mode screen. Unable to change status of offline devices.

iDs are older and have the library at bottom of screen not feed.

This is a bug, Arlo says they are investigating.

One option is to use the credentials for the primary account on all phones (and not use the shared friend account).  Arlo used to limit you to one login at a time, but that changed a couple of months ago.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you the primary user or the authorized user?

Tstrawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unplugged base stations for two minutes, no change.

clicked off/on shared devices in settings and saved, no change.

all iOS 17.7 & 18.0.1 devices, iPad 6,8,9, iPhone 7 & SE 2.

base stations are vmb4000r3 & vmb4500r2 with up to date firmware.

From win11/edge my.arlo.com is working Devices,library mode,settings.

MargL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I'm an authorised user, and I have asked the primary user to delete me and regrant access to me. But the problem still persists. Thanks