Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Kaysahn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have seen the closed board that covered this topic back in February 2024 but this has just happened to my husband.

He cannot access the modes to turn the cameras off and on. This is only happening on his I-phone which is operating on IOS 17.7 (Iphone Xr). App version is 5.0.2.

I too have done all the reset, delete and reload, log out, log in, cancel sharing and reinstalling it and nothing seems to work.

How was this fixed please?

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to our development team who is currently investigating this. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

55 REPLIES 55
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you all please try to toggle the allow access right off then back on and save it. Also,  can you power cycle the basestation for 30 seconds and let me know if the behavior changes. Are these all iOS devices or do some of you have android?

Jonescasa
Tutor
Tutor

My wife has been granted access to our two hubs and six cameras for some time but in the last two weeks she can no longer set or unset the system because they are both showing as offline. tried uninstalling and reinstalling, removing the ‘friend’ and adding them again and nothing works. She can still see the cameras on the app and can view video footage, she just can’t set or unset the system because the hubs show as offline. We both have version 5.0.2 (8417) of the app. 

nogeofencing
Aspirant
Aspirant

In/out is shown on my wife´s I phone. Settings  has been checked many times. If it was only to open the app every second week it feels like it would work for at least one week. But it ´s only work´s for random day´s.

When the camera was new and the support from Arlo was active (first year) it was no problem at all.

It feel´s like Arlo will force people to by secure plan´s and pay for support.

CSRG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iOS device and we have tried these steps but no change. 

Kaysahn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done all these steps - several times, and nothing has changed.

Yes - this is on an IOS device

vat319
Tutor
Tutor

As the primary, I granted my husband admin rights. A few days ago, his account access no longer allows him to change Mode and it says the base station is offline where mine does not. I’ve unplugged, restarted, updated his app, removed him and readded him but it’s still broken on his app. Pls help!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vat319 wrote:

As the primary, I granted my husband admin rights. A few days ago, his account access no longer allows him to change Mode and it says the base station is offline where mine does not. I’ve unplugged, restarted, updated his app, removed him and readded him but it’s still broken on his app. Pls help!

Several users have reported this, and Arlo is investigating.

There is a workaround - just have your husband use your account credentials on his phone.  Arlo now allows multiple devices to be logged into the same account at the same time.

Sorenolsson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have the same problem when updating to. Vers 5.0.2

Rocko61
Initiate
Initiate

My wife's iPhone does the same thing and we are signed in with the same credentials. Very frustrating. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rocko61 wrote:

My wife's iPhone does the same thing and we are signed in with the same credentials. Very frustrating. 

If you are both using the primary account credentials, then you both should have full control over all settings, and should both be able to change the mode.

Does this also fail when you log into my.arlo.com?

Jerjam78
Initiate
Initiate

Recent OS updates removed ability to see mode (arm/disarm) on shared devices.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Cheetajr
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

On the app of the person with whom I shared my devices with, it shows “Offline” for the cameras yet the person is still able to play and record videos. They are unable to arm and Disarm the cameras due to it showing “Offline.”

Rich0190078
Initiate
Initiate

Having exactly the same issue for all guest accounts. Running a number of Arlo systems and this is a huge pain as multiple users used to have control to change the mode.....

Guest access has been working to change modes up until a few days ago for years. 

Have tried 

Re Install App - No 

Delete access and re assign access - No 

Can change modes from primary account 

Showing online on web in both primary and guest accounts 

Seems to be the app showing Offline on all guest account that have access to the base station 

Look forward to this being fixed please Arlo. 

vat319
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it’s frustrating. I just took advice of signing him with my account which is sufficient for now. A fix would be better, I hope that’ll be soon.

vat319
Tutor
Tutor

Thank u for the workaround. I had wanted to avoid it but it’s the only way he’s able to edit the mode. 

djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Both my wife and I too are having this issue on the latest iOS app  & OS version with 12 Arlo Pro2 cams across 2 base stations with one base being shared. Both stations are offline now under mode. Restarted base stations multiple times. Hope Arlo resolves ASAP. These systems are important for our home security.

Rocko61
Initiate
Initiate

My.Arlo.com does not give the option to change mode. It takes us straight to the app for that.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rocko61 wrote:

My.Arlo.com does not give the option to change mode. It takes us straight to the app for that.

Are you using a PC browser?  Or are you using your phone or a tablet?

CSRG
Aspirant
Aspirant

We’ve reported it now, apparently it’s a known issue and Arlo engineers are working on resolving it asap, so fingers crossed! 

CasperSoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issuenat Arlo dosent reply. Problems on Iphone everytime after update. 

Just testet on Android and works like it should

Arlo fix iOS. Unacceable that fixing always take long time your end.  

Gess78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I granted my partner access to our hubs and cameras with all rights. He can see the cameras in his app but the hubs appear disconnected on the ‘mode’ page. This means he is unable to set the cameras in/active. This used to work in the past. Any idea what might be the reason ?

TIA

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gess78 wrote:

I granted my partner access to our hubs and cameras with all rights. He can see the cameras in his app but the hubs appear disconnected on the ‘mode’ page. This means he is unable to set the cameras in/active. T

This is a bug - Arlo says they are investigating.

One workaround is to have your partner use your account credentials on his phone.

Dan4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same issue and tried to delete the app, redownload it, as well as the steps recommended, and none of it has worked. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is currently being investigated. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

Tstrawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, started with the October Arlo iOS app updates on iOS devices,

shared devices show offline on the mode screen. Unable to change status of offline devices.

iDs are older and have the library at bottom of screen not feed.

ipad, iPhone, iOS 18 and 17, started with Arlo October release an continues.

using the context menu on the app icon on iOS Home Screen does allow to disable and restart schedule on all devices.

User can seen cameras and videos in library screen.