Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Kaysahn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have seen the closed board that covered this topic back in February 2024 but this has just happened to my husband.

He cannot access the modes to turn the cameras off and on. This is only happening on his I-phone which is operating on IOS 17.7 (Iphone Xr). App version is 5.0.2.

I too have done all the reset, delete and reload, log out, log in, cancel sharing and reinstalling it and nothing seems to work.

How was this fixed please?

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to our development team who is currently investigating this. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

55 REPLIES 55
LouieP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shared access users cannot arm or disarm in mode 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kaysahn wrote:

I too have done all the reset, delete and reload, log out, log in, cancel sharing and reinstalling it and nothing seems to work.

One option is that he could switch to using your account credentials.  Arlo used to only let one device log into an account at a time, but that was recently changed.

When you reshared the cameras, did you also set "allow access rights"?

Also,

1. Does your app menu show "feed" and "dashboard"?  Or does it show "libary" instead?
  2. What does your husband's app menu show?

najafj4life
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the new update on the App, we have not been able to get geofencing mode to work at all.  We have contracted Arlo support a few times with no success.  They said everything looked fine and it should work.  Of course, it's not working at all.  Any insight when this issue will be fixed?  Both phones are iPhone.

Kaysahn
Aspirant
Aspirant

His shows the same as mine but when he taps on the 'mode' menu, it shows 'offline' and does not give him the option of selecting a mode - off, on all, set up modes.

He can access the cameras and the library but just not the modes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kaysahn wrote:

His shows the same as mine but when he taps on the 'mode' menu, it shows 'offline' and does not give him the option of selecting a mode - off, on all, set up modes.

He can access the cameras and the library but just not the modes

When you reshared the cameras, did you also set "allow access rights"?

Flavafla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, as of yesterday the family member with shared access was not able to change modes, just shows as offline. They were still able to see the cameras and recordings on their iPhone 11. They are running the latest versions of iOS and the Arlo app (same versions I am on). Have deleted app and reinstalled, have removed as shared user and re added, even restarted the Arlo base station to no avail. The person has the app on their iPad and that works fine.

seeing if anyone else has experience this issue and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Slolearner
Star
Star

Version 5.0.2

IOS 17.7

User that has Granted Access cannot see or modify Mode as the device show OFFLINE. (see screenshot below)

-Can see each camera

-Can select and activate all camera live viewing

-Can control all cameras including snapshots

-Can access, view, play and delete recordings in Library

+iPhone has been restarted

+app has been removed and re added to phone

+User's shared devices have been removed and re shared by account owner

+User's Granted access was disabled then re enabled

arlo Mode.png

Kaysahn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did.

He should have full access rights as before

samehere
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. geofencing notifications driving me nuts 

Dester68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  Since ages I have shared the devices with my wife.  Now, on her iPhone they are shown as offline.  She can turn them on or off from the icon contextual menu in the app’s icon, however the app shows them offline.  Restarted the phone, deleted and reinstalled the app…please correct this, as it seems to be happening since the last app upgrade!!!!

Dester68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since ages I have shared the devices with my wife.  Now, on her iPhone they are shown as offline.  She can turn them on or off from the icon contextual menu in the app’s icon, however the app shows them offline.  Restarted the phone, deleted and reinstalled the app…please correct this, as it seems to be happening since the last app upgrade!!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flavafla wrote:

Hi, as of yesterday the family member with shared access was not able to change modes, just shows as offline. They were still able to see the cameras and recordings on their iPhone 11.

I've seen a couple of reports of this problem.

One thing you can do - have the family member use your account instead of the friend account.  Arlo now allows multiple devices to be logged into the same account at the same time.

Merlin232
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue on ios 17.7 and 18. Problems only started when Arlo app updated to 5.0.2. Tried everything the same as you with no success. Contacted arlo who suggested all the same steps when I told them none of it worked they said there were no issues with the app or their system and couldn’t help me any further 

nogeofencing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

"in zone" "out of zone" are not visible in app version 5.0.2_28737 and geofencing has not been working correctly for year´s. Works maybe one  or two times a month. Have tried 2 different android phones with New installation off APP. 

What can i do?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to our development team who is currently investigating this. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

Flavafla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, appreciate your response and suggestion - it worked. Doesn’t explain why the person was still able to operate this function on her iPad logged in with her shared account. I will take the work around but would appreciate if Arlo support team can advise if there is/will be a fix coming out to address this. Thanks 

CSRG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am also experiencing this issue since Tuesday. Is there any fix yet? 

roygan
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife has been granted access rights (yes I have checked and double checked). She had been able to arm the devices but all of a sudden on this date, she can no longer do it and it’s greyed out. May I know if there is going to be a fix for this soon? This is an important feature for us. Kindly assist. Thank you. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@roygan wrote:

May I know if there is going to be a fix for this soon? This is an important feature for us. Kindly assist. Thank you. 

I don't know how long it will take Arlo go put in a fix - this is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for them.

But I do want to point out that there is a workaround.  Your wife can use your account credentials on her phone.  Arlo only permitted one device to be logged into an account at a time.  But they recently changed that.  So sharing the credentials would give her full control, and would not log you out when she uses the app.

Krisgeneva
Aspirant
Aspirant

My invitation to my spouse used to work but now having problems as she is not able to see anything on her account.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CSRG wrote:

I too am also experiencing this issue since Tuesday. Is there any fix yet? 

No idea on the fix - this is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

There is a workaround - instead of using the friend account, you can use the primary account on multiple phones.  Arlo used to only allow one login at a time, but that was changed some months ago.  

Obviously this is only applicable if you trust the friend with full access to the account.  

roygan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the tips. I will try that out. I am just surprise that it was working all these years and it stopped working all of a sudden.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The ability to see what devices are in/out of zone is needed but not available. Maybe it will be added in future releases.

Make sure both phones are always logged in. If not opened at least every 2 weeks, the user gets logged out, causing GF to fail. Also check all phones for proper Location Services settings in the phone settings for the app.

Michael_Gr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same on my side.

It's working on my iPhone but not on my wifes one.
Access ist granted, but the mode selection shows "Offline"