Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
gleesmj
Star
Star
I am having an issue my the schedule mode on my android app. The issue started yesterday- after the latest update.

When the schedule mode is on, it is not displaying the custom rule that is saved in the schedule for that time. It is simply saying 'armed' when it should be saying 'Front camera only'.

Also in addition, when I take it out of schedule mode and put it into a custom mode - it randomly appears to have switched to armed when I go back into the app some time later.

Is there an ongoing issue? If so any ETA on a resolution? The schedule was working fine prior to yesterday. So frustrating.
10 REPLIES 10
gleesmj
Star
Star
Another issue just to add is that all my custom modes set up and previously saved now have audio detection enabled. I never selected audio detection in any of my rules.

This is so frustrating.
Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice
The 3.5.0 ios app update has definitely screwed up the Schedule mode. I first noticed that 'Monday' had disappeared from my 7 day schedule after the update, and I was unable to reset or add 'Monday' back using the app. However when I logged on to my account using my web browser, I could see that 'Monday' was indeed gone, but I was at least able to add it back. Then when I went back to the app to check it again, I could see that 'Monday' was back again, but all the times were off by a couple of minutes from the times I had set while logged on using the web browser. As soon as I attempted to correct the times using the app, 'Monday' disappeared again! Come on Arlo, your latest update needs another update!
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Schedule mode broken here too. Been working fine for nearly a year - latest update and it won't arm in the scheduled period from geofencing mode. Tried all reseting but will only work if you manually arm it. Schedule is now broken.

dw2112
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problems. Scheduled mode disarms my system when I return home instead of going to the custom mode I have programmed in the schedule.
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Exactly the same here, no recording in schedule mode.
jafarion
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had the same problem here. We have two custom modes. One for the day with no notification and one for nights and weekends with push notification. On the weekend, we had someone siphon gas from our work trucks and the Cameras did not record a thing. I noticed that on the web interface, the schedule looked correct along with each mode being correct but looking through the mobile app, I noticed that one of the modes had 2 of our cameras doubled up with one that was created by us, and the other wasn't. Looking at the 2nd camera settings it showed that the cameras were setup to do nothing on motion. I deleted the 2nd cameras from the mode but going back in, the cameras were still there. I talked to support and they said to restart, recreate, so on and so forth. That fixed the issue but created a new issue.

The new problem I have is the Alarm Mode Has Camera 1, Camera2 ,Camera2, Camera3, Camera3. The first Camera2 and the first Camera3 are also showing as do nothing and I can't delete them because this is in Alarm Mode which is not a custom mode. I can't get up to the cameras easily since they're out of reach and installed with Solar Panels.

Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another iOS App "Bug Fix" 2.5.3 update this morning (6/7/18). However nothing is changed, the disappearing "Monday" in scheduling is still there as well as the stupid banner sized alarm button seen in live landscape view. Nothing has been working correctly in the iOS Arlo app since the 5 hour recording fiasco began last March. Unbelievably incompetent Arlo software engineers!   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Having issues with the schedule mode in the past week. I have a schedule for different times for different cameras to be armed. It doesn’t work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, tell us what you're trying to do in detail. ALso, use a browser for modes, rules and schedule since the app may have issues.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation