Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JHopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Says device appears to be offline on the website but works on the app. If I click fast enough it will play video while displaying message. App works fine.

15 REPLIES 15
Dannybear
Master
Master

What is the web app version, look at settings and about. The latest I’ve seen is 3.8.0_4.

To start with does it happen when using incognito/private window in the browser, what browser and have you tried any others?

gav_r26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing exactly the same. Show fine in app and also showing recordings in the library. Showing Version 3.8.0_4, released on the 18th which is about when it started playing up. Think someone didn't quite test their software properly!

Firefox browser, does the same in an incognito window and MS edge .....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gav_r26 wrote:

Mine is doing exactly the same. Show fine in app and also showing recordings in the library. Showing Version 3.8.0_4, released on the 18th which is about when it started playing up. 

Try clearing the browser cache, and see if that helps.

gav_r26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done that already. Made no difference.

JHopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

The said thing is that you can't tell anyone from Arlo what's going on unless you have a subscription. The chat feature is a computer that is useless.

JHopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here!

Dannybear
Master
Master

Try going into the arlo web portal/website login and go to the settings/privacy centre/account/active sessions and select log out all sessions then log back into arlo. If you do this you will need to login again your mobile devices.

gav_r26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried that and that makes no difference either!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gav_r26 wrote:

Just tried that and that makes no difference either!

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to call their attention to this thread.  I suspect Arlo will want to follow up.

JHopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

You would think Arlo would have some avenue for people to get help with this type of issue. The least they could do is have an email support. The chat is not even a real person so that is no help. This is piss-poor customer service. With the number of people with the same issue you would think we could get a resolution faster than this. I will never buy another Arlo product if the customer support doesn't change.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of this issue.

For those experiencing the issue, which browser are you using? If you log in using a different device and/or different browser, do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

gav_r26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

For me it appears to be only one device that this occurs on. I am using chrome on multiple machines but only one suffers this issue.

Gavin

JHopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome on different machines.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gav_r26, JHopp

Are you running any anti-virus software? Anything specific to the PC that could be blocking or causing an issue?

JamesC

JHopp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried it on 3 different machines with different antivirus software so I wouldn't think so. The other thing is that nothing has changed on the device and it worked before.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation