Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased 3 cameras but not able to use one camera with the cloud

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AndyRay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a 3 camera set and I set it up. Now I find out that only 2 cameras are able to be used on the free cloud system. 

It says that the cloud storage is free for a week. Not that only two cameras are allowed. As this is part of the advertising it feels like a very unfair practice. I understand that you want to upgrade, but do not sell the product and give people the impression that you are delivering a service for free, when in fact, it is not. 

Now I have one camera I can’t use without a subscription. 

Please state this on the box. It’s the only fair practice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AndyRay wrote:

I just purchased a 3 camera set and I set it up. Now I find out that only 2 cameras are able to be used on the free cloud system. 

The limit for the free cloud storage on the older cameras (pro, pro 2) is actually 5 unsubscribed cameras in the account - not 2.

However, more importantly, Arlo stopped offering free cloud storage on new camera models back in 2018 (starting with the Ultra).  Ultra, Pro 3, Pro 3 Floodlight, Pro 4, and Essential models all require a subscription to get any cloud storage.  They do come with a 3-month trial.

Can you tell us what camera model you purchased?

1. If there are 4 CR123 batteries inside, you have the original Arlo Camera
  2. If the housing cannot be opened, you have one of the Essential cameras
  3. If the housing can be opened, then open it up and remove the battery.  You'll find the camera model on a label inside the camera.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AndyRay wrote:

The limit for the free cloud storage on the older cameras (pro, pro 2) is actually 5 unsubscribed cameras in the account - not 2.

However, more importantly, Arlo stopped offering free cloud storage on new camera models back in 2018 (starting with the Ultra).  Ultra, Pro 3, Pro 3 Floodlight, Pro 4, and Essential models all require a subscription to get any cloud storage.  They do come with a 3-month trial.

Can you tell us what camera model you purchased?

1. If there are 4 CR123 batteries inside, you have the original Arlo Camera
  2. If the housing cannot be opened, you have one of the Essential cameras
  3. If the housing can be opened, then open it up and remove the battery.  You'll find the camera model on a label inside the camera.
AndyRay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer!!! I see that I have two set ups in two different locations. That means that there are six cameras. I would have thought that each system would have been able to run independently. They are in two different countries so I did not think that the limit would apply.

many thanks!

Andy

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AndyRay wrote:

I see that I have two set ups in two different locations. That means that there are six cameras. I would have thought that each system would have been able to run independently. They are in two different countries so I did not think that the limit would apply.

The limit is on the account, not the location or base station.

You can set up a second account for one of the sites, and move the base/cameras to it.  Then use the friend account feature to let you see all the cameras from both sites.

Or of course get a subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation