Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dobodob
Follower
Follower

I keep getting an email saying my Arlo SD Card is Full even though I have Automatic Overwrite turned on. I've used an SD card with automatic overwrite for over a year before this started happening. Did something change? Am I resigned to formatting the card each time it fills?

HW Version: WMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dobodob

Have you tried to reboot the base station or remove/re-install the usb drive?

GaryAllen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that, and removed / reinstalled / reformatted the card, still to get an error that the card is full a week or two later... this has just recently started happening, yet another annoyance on an expensive device that is not providing a good experience... 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GaryAllen

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

GaryAllen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would but I am away travelling and can't do anything with the units. So far it has not proved very useful to ask for support, I can work out power cycling and attempting to reformat the cards myself. Not that it helps, So far my experience with the Arlo Ultra has been very poor, at least in my setup the battery life is bad, image quality is not great, had to use 2 base stations just to cover a 1780 SQ Ft home. Even with a power cable the devices can discharge. And now they complain about the SD card being full when set to overwrite... seems like little to no testing is being done on the firmware updates. I do like that there are updates, but there is no release note saying what has been changed, maybe because so much is broken that they don't want to admit what was not working. So far I have wasted well over $1000 and don't have a reliable or useful security camera system. 

Muchkin
Star
Star

I have been getting emails saying my "SD card is full" even though I have "automatic overwrite" enabled.  When I pull out my USB stick from the Arlo base station and look at the files on my computer, it does appear to still be recording new footage and deleting the old footage (I checked over a 2 day period).

Anyone else having this issue?  Since it appears to still be recording new footage and overwriting the old footage, any idea why I'm still getting these emails???

Arlo tech support has been useless so far.  No response to my email inquiry.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Muchkin 

I would like to look in to this. May I ask if it's possible to request timestamps of when you received the messages by e-mail for SD Card full?

Please feel free to PM me.

Muchkin
Star
Star

Hi ShayneS,

The emails started around Feb 13-15 inclusive.  I was getting too many so I ended up pulling my USB stick from the base station, plugged into my computer, and deleted a few GB just to stop all the emails.  But I just got another email tonight, Thurs Feb 20, 2020 at 10:34PM EST.  I ended up deleting the emails I got last weekend.  When I got the email tonight, I checked my USB stick to see which was the oldest recorded footage.  I'll check again in a few days to see if it still records new footage even though the emails come in.

Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Muchkin

Thank you for the detailed info. I have passed this information to my team & they are investigating your logs.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation