Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Run Arlo Pro 2 off of 24VDC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bob90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking to power my Arlo Pro 2 camera continuously through the wired power cable. Unfourtately I do not have a 115VAC power receptable available near the location I am looking to place my camera.  I do however have 24VDC power available. I am looking to step down the 24VDC power to 5VDC in order to power the Arlo camera via USB. I have noticed some users of the aftermarket power adapters (Wasserstein or Online Enterprises) complain they get an error message on the camera that it will not charge due to seeing an unsupported accessory after a few weeks. Is this because many of the aftermarket power supplies are low quality or is there something else going on within the camera and charger?

Is there another Arlo supported option for outdoor power that runs on something other than 120VAC in the US?

Considering the Arlo supplied power adapter handles both 9VDC and 5VDC, would I have any issues running the camera on steady 5V, or could I run it on a steady 9V power?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 5 and 9 volt adapter is a quallcomm fast dual type charger...

5 v to run the cam but 9 v to charge the battery pack.

you can run the cam on 5v or leave it plugged to the adapter...it will not overcharge the battery.... Unknown what a steady diet of pure 9v will do.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation