Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro or Pro 2. Will motion-detection keep recording?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nkmi
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

This is for users for Arlo Pro or Pro 2 security cameras.

How sensitive is the motion-detection to continue recording once an initial motion is detected? Let's say you walk across the camera and it starts recording, but then you sit and start watching TV, will it detect the subtle body/head movements (or sound from the TV) and keep on recording, or will it stop?

Or what if you sit and start talking on the phone, will the Arlo detect the normal head movements during a phone call and continue recording until you leave it's zone?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@nkmi

I like to go out on my back porch a lot and talk on my phone so as not to disturb my wife who might be sleeping. I have my cameras set to record for 2 minutes. They will record for that time and if I move a little bit, they will start recording again. Hope that helps.

Brian

nkmi
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Thank you a lot.

So if you stay still while talking on the phone, does it stop recording after two minutes?

Can you please tell?

Thank you.

brh
Master
Master

@nkmi

Yes, the camera stops recording after 2 minutes. But, it doesn't take too much movement to start it recording again for another 2 minutes. You can disarm the cameras for the time you are outside if you don't want to record the videos.

Brian

nkmi
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Brian for your feedback.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation