Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Report camera stolen to Arlo to prevent future registration and use of the camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Kentino
Initiate
Initiate

So a friend gave me their old Arlo system and I want to add some Pro 2 cameras to it.  Seeing how easy it was to buy these cameras on eBay, and that I was able to register her original Pro camera to my Arlo account before she removed it from her Arlo account (that should never be allowed by the way), I realized that these cameras will have an exceptionally short life span before stolen if mounted outside.  My search of community posts seems to indicate that Arlo has no mechanism in place (like say how Apple does with their stolen phones) to tag a camera unusable if reported stolen (unable to register the camera with an Arlo system).  Is this really the case?  If so, I'll be returning the Pro 2 cameras and just use the free original Pro camera until it is stolen.  Thanks.  And where I live, there is no "hiding" the camera.  Any mounting location will be very conspicuous.  Even if record the thief it doesn't get my device(s) back as an exceptionally low priority police report.  As 2nd or later buyer of the camera I won't qualify for theft replacement policy.  Thanks everyone for your comments.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Maybe arlo has dropped the registration block for discontinued products.
Kentino
Initiate
Initiate

Would you be able to post a link to a page on Arlo's website that mentions the registration blocking policy for devices already linked to someone else's Arlo account (even if only on newer devices)?  I couldn't find anything about it on Arlo's website nor in the community posts.  I don't qualify for phone support.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, I would be interested in reviewing the same since we only have 2nd hand advice that this blocking is in place. @JamesC
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation