Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Removed Pro 2 from Base Station and trying to reconnect but will not show up. Tried resetting.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloUser25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed a device (Pro 2 Camera) from my base station. I have since tried to reconnect that camera back to that same base station, yet it will not show up in the app. When I attempt to sync the camera the blue light flashes slow and then fast on both the base station and the camera. I have disconnected the wires of the base station, reset the base station, reset the wireless router, changed the battery for the camera, and everything else I could find online, yet nothing so far has worked. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloUser25
Aspirant
Aspirant
We found a fix!

After contacting Arlo support and being on the phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes this is what we did and it fixed my issue:
1) Remove Base Station from app (this will delete all of the cameras and all of the videos that were stored)
2) Unplugged the power from my wireless router for 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Once the router was connected and running properly we moved onto the next step.
3) Held in the Reset button for my Base Station for 30 seconds and then released the button. Once the Base station was running again, we moved into the next step.
4) Added the base station to the app by following the steps in the app.
5) I took the battery out of the camera and waited 5 seconds. I put the battery back into the camera. The blue light on the front of the camera will flash once. After the blue light flashed once, I moved into the next step.
6) I held the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds and then released. I placed the camera within 6 inches of the base station and pressed the sync button (approximately for 1 second). The blue lights on the base station and the camera flashed slowly then rapidly on both units. The base station had a solid blue and the camera light turned off. That camera then showed up in my app with the same name as before, yet most of the settings were reset back to factory. I repeated step 5 and 6 for my other cameras.

After all of these steps, I had to update my settings for the cameras. However, these steps fixed the issue I was having.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tested it via browser    my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ArloUser25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I have tried though the app and the browser. When I try it in the browser, the computer says that the “request timed out.”
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey ArloUser25,

Make sure that you're not holding the sync button on your Arlo Pro 2 camera but just pressing the sync button. You can read here to learn how to troubleshoot: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

ArloUser25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for trying, but that suggestion and link did not work for me. The camera still will not sync/ show up in my app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

ArloUser25
Aspirant
Aspirant
We found a fix!

After contacting Arlo support and being on the phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes this is what we did and it fixed my issue:
1) Remove Base Station from app (this will delete all of the cameras and all of the videos that were stored)
2) Unplugged the power from my wireless router for 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Once the router was connected and running properly we moved onto the next step.
3) Held in the Reset button for my Base Station for 30 seconds and then released the button. Once the Base station was running again, we moved into the next step.
4) Added the base station to the app by following the steps in the app.
5) I took the battery out of the camera and waited 5 seconds. I put the battery back into the camera. The blue light on the front of the camera will flash once. After the blue light flashed once, I moved into the next step.
6) I held the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds and then released. I placed the camera within 6 inches of the base station and pressed the sync button (approximately for 1 second). The blue lights on the base station and the camera flashed slowly then rapidly on both units. The base station had a solid blue and the camera light turned off. That camera then showed up in my app with the same name as before, yet most of the settings were reset back to factory. I repeated step 5 and 6 for my other cameras.

After all of these steps, I had to update my settings for the cameras. However, these steps fixed the issue I was having.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation