Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Tony-P
Follower
Follower
Hi all- new member here from U.K..
Considering purchasing Arlo Pro 2 system but a little put off by the considerable number of negative reviews from owners. Can any users here help me with their views? Is the system reliable or, as some suggest, still a work in progress full of bugs and issues? Thanks to all for their anticipated help 😄
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're likely to get tons of responses, whether here or other online reviews. It's an unfortunate reality that happy folks don't post their experiences but the unhappy ones frequently do. While there are plenty of complaints about all sorts of things, there are a lot more successful installations that we just don't hear about/from. I've been using Arlo since nearly its inception and have had few problems. Yes, bugs get introduced and response isn't always as rapid as I'd like to see but there's usually either a workaround or a bug fix.  Many complaints happen to a limited subset of users. It doesn't help them at all that they are in that group but the vast majority don't have the problem. YMMV.

Hardware failures happen regardless of manufacturer. That's why there's a warranty and RMA process. You can always ask questions here to help work your way through any issues.

If you move forward, just be sure to buy from an authorized dealer so the warranty is useful and ensure that there's a return policy that you can use if things don't work out. No system is guaranteed to work for everyone so sometimes you just have to take the leap and try something out.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're likely to get tons of responses, whether here or other online reviews. It's an unfortunate reality that happy folks don't post their experiences but the unhappy ones frequently do. While there are plenty of complaints about all sorts of things, there are a lot more successful installations that we just don't hear about/from. I've been using Arlo since nearly its inception and have had few problems. Yes, bugs get introduced and response isn't always as rapid as I'd like to see but there's usually either a workaround or a bug fix.  Many complaints happen to a limited subset of users. It doesn't help them at all that they are in that group but the vast majority don't have the problem. YMMV.

Hardware failures happen regardless of manufacturer. That's why there's a warranty and RMA process. You can always ask questions here to help work your way through any issues.

If you move forward, just be sure to buy from an authorized dealer so the warranty is useful and ensure that there's a return policy that you can use if things don't work out. No system is guaranteed to work for everyone so sometimes you just have to take the leap and try something out.

barship
Tutor
Tutor
You can rely on cvr to be unreliable.
karina777777777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Works well in Australia. If you get the solar panel you might have to move them to get optimual sun (do you get sun over there!)  at different times of the year but they even charge in Tasmanian weather.

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had nothing but issues since installing my system. Completely unreliable. Here is a list of issues I have been having:

1) Push notification take 30+ seconds to arrive making 2 way audio, live view, alarm, e911 all useless

2) Corrupted footage from a camera. Can't make out what is happening in library clips.

3) Camera completely crashed and went offline. Only fix was to physically remove the battery. Better hope that doesn't happen while you are out of town!

4) CVR and library recordings failed silently. Got a notification but there was no recording of the activity.

5) Missing audio from clips

6) Camera completely silently failed. Shows as online and working in the devices tab but it detects no motion and does not record anything.

7) CVR footage review failing. It will randomly skip to the live view when reviewing footage and won't work again until I restart the app.

I have taken all troubleshooting steps recommended by support. I have exchanged the hardware for a brand new set. I have ruled out my internet connection and network issues. I have even un-paired, factory reset, and set up my system again from scratch. None of this has helped with the bugs.

If you can find another solution that meets your needs I would say stay away from Arlo. It would be great if it worked, but it doesn't.

jrh1194
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have found the Arlo Pro 2 to be a very reliable camera system. Battery life is quite good and the video quality of recordings has been excellent. I don’t use CVR so I can’t comment on that. I would definitely recommend Arlo.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

It is certainly true that it can take a bit of brain engagement to get these things to work. Fortunately most users seem to achieve this. They sometimes have to ask for help here when they can't work out how to do something, but they usually get there in the end.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
barship
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve had the exact same experience as bulldog. I’m checking out the Logitech circle 2 now. Definitely like the larger fov (180 vs 130).
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation