Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jdubbs4131
Star
Star

Is there anyway I can get my money back for this service? I have an Arlo 2 and two Arlo Pros. The app is constantly breaking with each update. It takes forever for devs to fix it. Just today I had to redo my motion zones because I wasnt getting alerts. You can't customize alerts now even though the options say you can and it worked fine before. I get multiple alerts for the same motion. Customer service reads off a script and offers no solutions.

Enough is enough.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jdubbs4131,

What service are you referring to? If you have a subscription, like Premier or Elite, changing the subscription back to basic and completing the subscription flow will revert the service plan.

JamesC

Jdubbs4131
Star
Star

I am talking about issuing a refund for purchasing Arlo cameras.  James you have to know how bad support is when you call in on the phone.  The app is terrible and constantly breaks.  I am not even counting the times when Arlo itself has gone down as that stuff happens.  But the app notifications are not working right and this should have been fixed the next day.  All you have to do is restore the previous version and then work on figuring out why it didn't work. 

A week later I am still getting inconsistent very delayed and duplicate alerts for every motion detected.

I do give kudos for adding what type of alert it is (vehicle, person, animal) and an image of what set the camera off as part of the notification for basic users.  I know in the past that only Arlo Smart subs had that feature.

But overall I am just not satisfied with the customer service and technical development for Arlo.  I think other competitors are developing better products for less.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Totally agree
Trichomes
Tutor
Tutor

who is producing better systems for less?

Diamonddean
Initiate
Initiate

I agree and want a refund as well for these cameras. They are a waste of my money..

bonecat
Initiate
Initiate

I am taking my camera back first thing monday morning.  I have had them for 8 days and cant get anything to work properly.  Camera will not stay connected, battery life sucks becasue they are constantly searching for signal, customer service know nothing about these cameras other than what they are readying from a script.  Over priced and there are better systems out there for much less the price.  I am seriously thinking about going with Swann wireless.  There  wireless systems seems a little more beefed up than the arlo. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Diamonddean,

Can you provide more information on what you are experiencing?

bonecat,

How far from the base station is your camera? The poor battery life could be due to interference or poor signal strength. Try relocating the camera close to the base station to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation