Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Leo503
Tutor
Tutor

Is there a way to have the cameras record directly to a local home server bypassing the need to go through the web?  I've had three instances where I needed recordings for security reasons and had nothing because the recording fail on the cloud server side.  This is making the Arlo security system worthless!  Today 05/24/19 it lost contact with the online server, and I needed to check some vandalism and there is nothing, it literally has not been recording for hours starting at 2:30pm and now it's 5:30pm!  This is unacceptable! 

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no option for direct recordings to a local server...it is a cloud based system.

But, with the Pro2 you can use a USB backup, when the internet goes down any triggered recordings will go there...... Did you have the backup active?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Leo503
Tutor
Tutor

I do.  Its got a USB drive conected to it, but I don't see anything through the web interface.  Do I need to eject the drive from the router and mount it directly to a computer, to see the the recordings?

NicheFarmer
Star
Star

Same problem occurring here. None of our cameras have been sending recordings to the clous for the past 11 hours

Leo503
Tutor
Tutor

I tryed to like your comment, but even that is not working LOL

ArloLagsBad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly. Which is why you should return this garbage.

Leo503
Tutor
Tutor

I answered your questions.  Do you have an answer to mine?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Leo503 wrote:

Do I need to eject the drive from the router and mount it directly to a computer, to see the the recordings?

Yes.

There is support for Arlo stuff, including manuals, at the end of this link:

>>> Arlo | Support | Default<<<

Just pick your model.

See the bit in the manual USB Device Storage With Arlo Pro 2.

We have been promised "on board" viewing, with the USB drive in the hub. But that will be later this year and may or may not apply to Pro 2 cameras.  It is an Ultra thing because they do not come with free on-line storage.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation