Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording should allow at least 45 secs to 1 min. Loses internet and blanks out.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ripoff-rage
Follower
Follower

I am so disappointed in this device. The recording time should allow at least .45 secs to 1:00 minute. It often loses internet, and blanks out, one camera was down for 5 days searching and searching, I had 2 packages stolen in one day and the video shows the delivery truck stopping in front of house buy stops recording and there is no video of it actually being placed on my door then it doesnt start rolling tape again until the delivery truck is driving away.  This is the worst ever to market.  Now my family is with out Christmas presents and I cant prove if they were even delivered!   DO NOT BUY ARLO!!!!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Under Mode>Rules for each cam you have a settings to have it record up to 120 seconds before stopping no matter if motion stopped or not. That might help. 

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, "losing Internet" implies a poor connection between the base and cameras, whether due to signal strength and/or quality. Distance, house construction, blockage in/on walls, etc. all play into this. Moving the base may help as well as repositioning cameras so the connection is improved.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation