Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Rusty617
Guide
Guide

I’ve got 8 Arlo Pro 2’s which I’ve had for a couple of years now. Out of the blue, most of my recordings are now 1-5 seconds, occasionally a bit longer and yesterday had one that went for a minute and 40 seconds.

In many cases, the short clips end before the motion stops, I’ve got them set to record until activity stops which is how they have been set since installed. I’ve rebooted multiple times, changed the WiFi channel, changed recordings to set duration, but nothing has fixed the issue. Is anyone else having this problem??

I found some old threads with similar issues and people blamed the WiFi, after nearly two years of no issues (at least with recording length!) I can’t imagine that’s the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rusty617
Guide
Guide
Fortunately it ended up being a simple fix for me, a simple router reboot did the trick. I had switched the channels a few times and figured I should just give it a fresh start and see what happens, everything went back to normal.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's na variety of possibilities to fix this. While a device that also uses the 2.4GHz band may have been placed near the base (since this is apparently happening to all cameras) and is causing interference with the signal, there are other things to try.

First, reboot the base and reinsert camera batteries to get to a known condition. If still a problem, remove and resync one camera to see if that helps. If it's only a problem with one camera, swap cameras around to see if it's the location or camera. A brute force attempt that cures a number of ills is to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Be  sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule to speed the rebuild.

Catamount
Tutor
Tutor
Same exact issue rusty. Nothing has helped except the removal and completing entire setup....which sounds like a big effort. Did you do that and did it work? Thank you
Rusty617
Guide
Guide
Fortunately it ended up being a simple fix for me, a simple router reboot did the trick. I had switched the channels a few times and figured I should just give it a fresh start and see what happens, everything went back to normal.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Glad it worked. Just like rebooting a computer, simple things fix a many  problems with electronics. 

Even just taking out the battery on a cam and putting it back in. 

Catamount
Tutor
Tutor
Rusty, did just turn router off and on or something else? I did that but no help. Thank you
Rusty617
Guide
Guide
I rebooted from within the admin app for my router (netgear c7800). Mine had been stable for almost two years prior to this.
Catamount
Tutor
Tutor

thanks Rusty, got the same router so not sure what is a"reboot" but went into basic settings and hit apply and hope this works. thanks for your help rusty

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation