Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BB117
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting this message operation cannot be completed at this time does anyone know what this means

377 REPLIES 377
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Not only pixilated in live view, mine aren’t recording at all. Nothing in 2 days
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m having the same problem “the operation could not be completed” sick of this 

Kimbeee
Initiate
Initiate
I'm using iPhone XSMax
I don't know what local storage is
It's doing it intermittently but getting worse, almost every other one now
Arlo2user
Star
Star

Where did you read that it was resolved? Not according to this thread, and I'm still having the same issue--intermittently on all cameras. If there HAS been a resolution, please let us all know!

anavarr519
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue but only on phone. From my PC everything plays jsut fine. Any luck getting it resolved? I even re-installed the app on my phone, same thing. Some videos play, some will not. 

anavarr519
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro

Iphone 7

It seems to be an apple problem, all videos play fine on my PC. I think the Arlo app did a recent update and now it picks and chooses which video to play back. Once you get a message on a particular video, it will not play. Other videos in same time frame will play and continue to play. Strange bug. 

sneaky_virus
Initiate
Initiate

base firware 1.12.2.1_2798 still getting intermittent problem with Phone 8+. Can download vids from cloud through chrome but all are missing audio with burst of noise at the end of all corrupted vids. 

Kimbeee
Initiate
Initiate
Okay it's worse now than its been. Every single video is having the error message now!
Alley1
Guide
Guide
See the attached notice from Arlo. Pretty vague as to what problem(s) Arlo is addressing. Does this apply to the ongoing problems on this thread? Has anyone gotten a response from Arlo Re: inability to view video file and error message???
bfinch21
Star
Star

I finally spoke with customer service a bit ago and they instructed me to unplug my base station and leave it unplugged for a minute or so and then re-plug.  Same advice for wired cameras with issues playing the video. 

Problem is, the cameras are down where my farm is located and I'm not going to be back there for at least a week or two.  The tech support guy seemed to thing that re-setting that way may fix the problem.  We'll see.  

Good luck, everyone!

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, Arlo is working on the problem that gives the user the message that the operation cannot be completed. It appears that it is a problem when using iOS systems such as iPhone and iPad.

Alley1
Guide
Guide
Tried unplugging base (twice). Error messages continue. If this resolves the problem for anyone else, we would love to know.
Arlo2user
Star
Star

That is such a lame response—it's what Comcast also tells you to do when they're having a problem. It puts the onus on us all, who have clearly identified a broadly experienced problem. Plus, many users have already indicated that they have done this, as well as tried other solutions that haven't worked. And when Arlo finally solves the problem, how are we going to find out about it if we're not monitoring this thread regularly? They better hope this doesn't make it to the media, or they'll be in trouble!

Dannybear
Master
Master
I wonder how long it would take to reprocess 30 days of recordings on the server.
dano429
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine also says it can’t be completed. It use to work all the time but All of a sudden it don't. Hopefully there will be a fix soon for Arlo pro
jiress
Guide
Guide
I have 3 cameras of Arlo HD with the basic base station-without the siren and 4 Arlo Pro2 cameras with the base station with the siren. I realized that these issues with the video occur only on my ArloPro 2 cams. Records from HD cams are without any problems. It could help to Arlo support with solving this issue.
jiress
Guide
Guide
I had only audio detection on my cams. Today, I'm without recorded videos from yesterday. They are not even on USB storage. I've tried to log in on PC, without the success, no videos. I only see after alert the overview at the homepage of the app what's happening, without any record. What's happening????? I spent a lot of money for this system of 7 cams, 4hd and 3 or 2,with the premium subscription. The devices are now only expensive decorations. Fix it asap please!!!
jiress
Guide
Guide
Just received an update of alro app - to version 2.7.9, restarted the base station and works correctly. All videos are where should be. No bugs with loading the videos. I hope problems are gone. (iphone7)
Mzldrchuck
Tutor
Tutor

Power cycle a few times, this didn't make any difference

Txgroup
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also downloaded update. No joy,,still having issues

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo engineers: your status that all is well today is not accurate. I power-cycled the base station. At first the motion videos played fine on my iPad. Then within the hour, I started receiving the error message “this operation cannot be completed”. The iPad is running iOS 12.3 and the base station has the latest release.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Jessica, it appears that the engineers think they resolved the problem. Not so.

Arlo engineers: your status that all is well today is not accurate. I power-cycled the base station. At first the motion videos played fine on my iPad. Then within the hour, I started receiving the error message “this operation cannot be completed”. The iPad is running iOS 12.3 and the base station has the latest release.

Bdennis1208
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo pro2 camera
iPhone XS Max and iPhone 8 Plus
iOS 12.3.1
Not using local storage
We get the error on different random recordings every day
We receive the error on multiple devices
WillieJames
Star
Star

Today I updated to the iOS Arlo app v2.7.9. I just got "The operation could not be completed" when trying to view a video, so it did not solve this problem.

Dannybear
Master
Master
In case you’re not aware, I have read a report that deleting a recording will result in all recordings for the day getting deleted also. iOS App v2.7.9
Have not confirmed this as I don’t want to break things more by installing it.