Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving a delayed start of recording Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dstultz79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need help with my Arlo pro 2 system.  One camera is having a delayed recording problem.  If the motion starts on the left the recording starts immediately and will record until the object in motion leaves the screen on the right.  If the motion starts on the right the recording doesn't start until the object in motion is halfway through the screen.  I've tested and have a good signal at the camera. 

Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
dstultz79
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few things are wrong here. First, you're trying to use the cameras outside their design parameters. It's really supposed to be watching people, not vehicles. Second, the distance is too great for people but vehicles reflect the sun's IR so can be detected further away, although there's no spec as to distance. Third, left to right is a shorter distance for detection than right to left.

Use the system to watch people within 25 feet. There may be reasons to watch parking lots but Arlo isn't best suited for that.

dstultz79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have that camera there to look for people around the cars.  I have another camera about 15 feet further back that was pointed to the same area (it now points to the right some to catch the sidewalk) and it recorded and still will record everything, including cars, that came into the frame.  I get what you're saying about the IR though.  I just don't get why the other one records.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Angle and sensitivity can be all important. If both cameras are at the same sensitivity setting, try swapping them to see if one detects better and if it's the same one.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation