Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice

Received Low Temperature on app when trying to view on my iPhone. Cameras are hooked to Arlo solar panels and are charging great for the past 1 1/2 years. Batteries show 95 % charged. Temp out side is 34 t never received this message all last winter when it was much colder out and set up for cameras was the same as today. Strange part is I did walk around house and each camera picked me up and recorded and sent alert to iPhone. Just wondering why I wasn’t able to view camera/ devise on I phone but got alert and recording? Minor problem important part cameras were still working.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are 2 different low temp messages. One is for warning that batteries won't charge at ~32F/0C (a li-ion issue) and the other is for the camera turning itself off when temps get to ~-4F/-20C. WHich did you get - I assume it was for charging?

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for answering . When I opened app on iPhone and went go devises . They were all darkest gray saying LowTemp can’t use devise til it warms up. Yellow triangle on lower left and symbol showing charging. Battery levels where around 95 % charged on cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be worth rebooting the base.

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
I will do that if it occurs again. It allowed me to view cameras about 45 minutes later. I just thought it was strange that it wouldn’t let me view cameras with Low Temperature warning but would still be recording and sending me notifications / alerts. Good thing was cameras where still recording and sending alerts.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you get the warning again, post a screenshot of it.

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Will do ! Thanks
BJM6
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also receiving the low temperature message. Here is a picture of the message.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BJM6

What is the temperature reporting outside when you receive this message?

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
My screen on IPhone showed the same as above picture. Temp at the time was around 32 degrees out side. I did not receive this last winter when I had same set up with cameras and solor panels. It was much colder last winter than the 32 degrees out side temperature. One part that was strange was I could not view video live but if motion set by off camera I received notification !
BJM6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Right now it is 41 and still showing the message.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BJM6

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation