Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MBMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting recently, I no longer receive video's after I receive a push notification of movement.  I have tried logging out and logging back in again as well as enabling two-step verification.  Nothing seems to work.  The only device that sends push notifications and then sends a video still is my doorbell...

Again, no changes to my existing settings and up until two weeks ago, it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MBMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat,

I want to thank you for hanging in there and continuing to try and assist me with this issue.  It's greatly appreciated.

So here is the net/net of the issue.  I got on the phone with customer support yesterday and they did indeed confirm that I have a professional subscription for monitoring.  It is a legacy plan however, they state that as long as I keep it in force and continue to pay for it, I can keep that plan.  It also allows me to have up to 24 devices on my account, which I actually need as I use Arlo in 3 of my homes.

All that said, it appears that during the last update (or whatever) all of my cameras were removed from my plan and placed under the heading of "No Plan".  The only device that was under my plan was the video doorbell which strangely enough, was the only device downloading video when an event occurred.  I dragged and dropped all 22 of my cameras back under the plan tab and everything is working as it should now.

A sincere thank you again for updating the thread and throwing out suggestions.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MBMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

One more addition to my original post... I do get a email notification with a link to the video which works.  It's just on my phone that there is no video in the library...

Thanks.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried the web portal my.arlo.com? Also make sure you do not have any filters on by accident. 

MBMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  I receive an email as well with a link to the video and that works fine.  It's on the phone only.  No active filters are engaged...

Thank you for your reply.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Since I believe you are saying they are on the web portal, my.arlo.com when you go to it and the e-mail try removing the app and reinstalling it on your phone since the app seems to be the problem. 

MBMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removed the app on my phone and reinstalled.  Same issue.

Question for the forum...  If I have the app on my iPad as well and it's open and running, does one device supersede the other in terms of downloading captured videos to the app?  In other words, is it possible that I am getting push notifications on my iPhone but the videos are going to my iPad?  I don't have my iPad with me at this moment but will check when I get home... I read an older thread that said you can't have Arlo open on two devices at the same time... Perhaps this is the problem?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope. Unless you specifically choose a video and download it in the library, you're not downloading anything. The app (and web client) simply display your system so you can manipulate it. Using two devices has no bearing on how the system operates. However, folks have had the app not work properly on one device but works fine on the other - is that happening to you?

MBMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

So to answer your question about it happening on both devices, the answer is yes. 

I did a little more digging in the app last night and under subscription, I currently have a "professional" subscription and it states that I am using 1 of 22 cameras.  I have a total of 22 cameras...  The only camera that shows as "active" under the subscription tab is my video doorbell but when I login online and try to "drag and drop" my cameras under the active subscription, it won't allow me to do so.

Now I am thinking that somehow my subscription is not seeing any other cameras but the video doorbell...  I am on hold (again) with tech support... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the issue is that you have a legacy subscription (not sure what a "professional" one is - it's usually Premier or Elite and for your number of cameras I'd think Elite). Are these used in a business with a business plan?  In any event, you may need to unsubscribe and then subscribe to the new plans to get things working. We don't know why legacy plans don't still work but the end result is that the new plans fixes many issues (other than cost).

MBMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat,

I want to thank you for hanging in there and continuing to try and assist me with this issue.  It's greatly appreciated.

So here is the net/net of the issue.  I got on the phone with customer support yesterday and they did indeed confirm that I have a professional subscription for monitoring.  It is a legacy plan however, they state that as long as I keep it in force and continue to pay for it, I can keep that plan.  It also allows me to have up to 24 devices on my account, which I actually need as I use Arlo in 3 of my homes.

All that said, it appears that during the last update (or whatever) all of my cameras were removed from my plan and placed under the heading of "No Plan".  The only device that was under my plan was the video doorbell which strangely enough, was the only device downloading video when an event occurred.  I dragged and dropped all 22 of my cameras back under the plan tab and everything is working as it should now.

A sincere thank you again for updating the thread and throwing out suggestions.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation