Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Randomly cannot play motion-captured videos in browser. Shows error "TypeError:..."

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rignell
Follower
Follower

I am experiencing a strange problem at random when trying to view saved videos through the web client. When clicking on the videos in the library nothing happens instead of the video player opening. The UI does not give any indication what might be amiss but opening the js-console reveals that something is going very wrong in some js script. Many of the errors I am seeing are akin to:

ERROR TypeError: First argument must be a String, HTMLElement, HTMLCollection, or NodeList

I have observed the problem on Firefox and Chrome on MacOS and on Firefox on Linux. So far Safari seems to be working but I would rather not use it. I have tried disabling the cache to no avail. Right now Firefox is working but may again not work in a few minutes time.

Has anybody observed something similar? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This could be a corruption issue at the start of the videos. I would think that's likely a signal strength or quality issue. Have you rebooted your base? Do all cameras show this? If not, swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. You can also download a problem video and use the free VLC to view it, which will ignore many issues, and see if you can glean any clues at the beginning of the video as to what the problem amy be.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation