Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BigRedRockEater
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push-to-talk only works from my home wifi. It does not work from home or away on the LTE cellular network. I have an android, Galaxy a6. Sprint is my cellular carrier. I saw the same symptom was solved previously but for TMobile customers with iPhones. I found no mention of this issue with androids on Sprint.
10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the latest Arlo Mobile App installed - 2.7.1? What version of android is your device running?

BigRedRockEater
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo moble app I have installed us 2.7.1_23406. My android phone is the Galaxy a6, model no. SMA-600P, software version AP600PVPU1ARI1.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

BigRedRockEater
Aspirant
Aspirant
I mentioned myPush-to-Talk problem to Customer Support while discussing a different issue. They didn't acknoweldge awareness of this problem, at least not with Sprint. Before going to Customer Support I came to this Community Forum to see if anyone else had encountered the same problem with an android phone with Sprint as the carrier. Are you aware of this problem (push-to-talk not working when away from my home wifi... when I hit the talk button I get an error message "Connectionnl failed. Tap this button to retry". I tap the message and I'm returned to the initial screen).
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BigRedRockEater

Have you made sure you are up to date on the latest Android version?

BigRedRockEater
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, my Androud software was last updated on 2/02/19.
Francjp2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem with my IPhone XSMax. I am also with Sprint

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Francjp2003 @BigRedRockEater

When using push to talk on the computer, does it perform the same as when using your mobile device?

BigRedRockEater
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it doesn't perform the same as on my android phone. Actually, unlike my android phone where push-to-talk only works from my home wifi, not from a remore location, my laptop, running the most current verion of Chrome, push-to-talk does not work at all, not even from my home wfi. I get this error message from my laptop: "Sorry; your browser does not support push-to-talk. Please use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox browser." Yet, I have the most current version of Chrome.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BigRedRockEater

Due to the amount of issues you are experiencing I suggest contacting customer support regarding this. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation