Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Sangood
Tutor
Tutor
So after updating to the latest Arlo software today (30th March 2018) push to talk is still not working. I'm using an iphone on ios 11.3, it doesn't work on my home wifi, remote wifi or mobile network. This is so poor for sn expensive camera. My Dad has a £25 cheap thing and it works perfectly and even the video has less lag than Arlo. I really want Arlo to work as its a lovely looking thing but if they don't sort this it's going in the bin and ill be off to Ring.
45 REPLIES 45
Jazzdad52
Guide
Guide

I've had mine 5 days, choose it specifically because of push to talk. I thought it was me not setting it up right. Upset to see so many can't get it to work. I will be returning mine to Best Buy also if it isn't fixed immediately. But if it does get fixed for now, will we be able to depend on it in the future? 

IT IS FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY!!!  Not a toy. How can we trust it will work when we really need it? 

Anthonycape
Aspirant
Aspirant

JLaanan87
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just recently purchased the Arlo Pro, and I'm disappointed to read here that the push to talk feature isn't working.  I just tried it on my Iphone which I just recently upgraded my software to 11.3.1.  The audio portion seems to be working fine.  I can hear the sounds on my phone the camera is picking up; however, if I use the PTT on my phone, the recipient can't hear me.  Will the software on this be upgraded soon for compatibility?

Beautiful_day
Aspirant
Aspirant

New 3-cam set last weekend. PPT stopped working after 2nd test on iphones, no problem on ipad and PCs.

Today it starts working on wife's iphone SE with iOS 11.3.1 after resetting the system from Arlo iphone app.

Still doesn't work on my iphone 8 plus with iOS11.3.1. 

Bobby39
Guide
Guide

where is the Arlo support team?  This is unacceptable that a significant feature like PTT does not work for over a month!   Get some tech people that know what they're doing for God's sake. If this were widely known the sales would drop out of sight, I surely would not have purchased it. Arlo doesn't even bother to provide an update status on a fix for this problem, leaving all users in the dark and "speechless". IMO any reputation for customer service Arlo may have had is gone and I wouldn't reccommend their products to anyone. 

Jazzdad52
Guide
Guide

Well said, maybe too polite!  I will be returning mine when I get home. Shame, because I like all the other features, but I NEED PTT, and even if fixed I don't trust them anymore.

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Any of you also receiving this in your email?
“Review your Arlo camera for a chance to win a $200 Amazon gift card“
Wow. So they have time for this, while many of the Arlo prime features (eg ptt, geofence) are not working?
EricMiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased this system yesterday.  I was hesitant because I’ve had Netgear products in the past, and I must say, their support is among the worst in the business and they don’t seem to have any interest in supporting their products past 90 days even if there if a legitimate hardware failure.  However, the Arlo system even with this PTT bug, is a compelling product because it offers something most of its competitors do not.  The ability to record to the cloud for free, and, more importantly, local storage.

I’ll put this system through its paces and make a decision after 25 days and if I lose camera connectivity I suppose I’ll just return it.  So far though, for $500, I’m impressed with this (2) camera 1080p system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

jpsmeal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Talked to Netgear.........said solution is at "upper level", whatever that means

Looks like I won't be adding Arlo Lights to augment my mute entrance camera that doesn't work!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jpsmeal,

Have you installed the latest version of the iOS app?

JamesC

Stahl101
Guide
Guide

Great job, it works after instaling the new app. 🙂

Thanks

Beautiful_day
Aspirant
Aspirant

PTT works after app update. However, an even bigger problem now.

There's a whole minute delay for both audio and video from the camera. It occurs not only on iphones but also on my PC and ipads. The audio also stutters and skipps. No improvement after resetting both base station and router. My upload speed is the same 1Mbps as before. 

Bottomline, the "realtime two-way talk and live video" remain false claim.

Maybe it's time to return the set to COSTCO. Sigh! Really was a supporter for Arlo.

Jebjeb2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
While not working prior, after update my delay was less than two seconds. You may have a different issue related to your router or firewall.
jpsmeal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Updated app
Listening volume very good until microphone button pushed to display talk button.......listening volume drops way off..........talk volume slightly better, but not much
Exit out of talk mode......still live....listening volume restored to good level
No better functionality.....
Bobby39
Guide
Guide

iphone 7+  IOS 11.3

Fix for PTT still has problems.  As at least one other has experienced, I also have long delay time and can't hear response from camera unless I turn off the mic icon which will then replay all the responses from the camera person.

When first pushing the mic icon all ambient sound goes away when the green mic icon appears. then hold to speak and voice comes thru camera, but response from person on camera does not. if I hit the X and go back to LIVE view all ambient sound comes back and then the response(s) from the camera person all come thru (as if the camera just recorded them and plays them back, the long delay time??)

PLEASE get this fixed.   I have updated the App and rebooted the phone, per another suggestion.

bripab007
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, I just bought a four-camera system and was surprised that this feature is still so buggy. I think it's currently working with two out of four cams.Cat Sad

Wakey
Star
Star

I am using Android App. Push to talk does not work properly. It seemed to work at the weekend when I installed, but then it stopped.

When I push to talk, the video stops. Then when I stop talking, it stutters a bit, but doesnt get going smoothly again until I come out of live view, then go back in.

I have 50 MEG broadband and good signals on all my cameras.

EricMiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm that PTT is now working with iOS.  Honestly though, I'm not sure how much I'll use this feature.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with push to talk.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

rickyjn
Tutor
Tutor

James, It did work for a day but not working again.  Also audio and vidio skips now.  Arlo Pro 4 camera. 25mbs down and 5 mbs up. Ipad air WIFI. Great signals at the cameras.  One keeps failing to connect and it is only 3 feet away from Base.  I have downloaded new app.  Liked the old one better.