Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DanNM
Star
Star
There doesn't seem to be any firmware updates, I've tried everything within the app, turning off then on again and saving but still no audio push notifications.

Audio on phone is all the way up. I also logged out of the app and then relogged in. Anybody know what's going on?
91 REPLIES 91
bettebent
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Update 2.6.5_23400. My phone is Samsung S8. Notifications often come up to 10 minutues late.

louco73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed a brand new set of 2 x Arlo Pro 2 cameras with the base station and wasn't receiving any notifications on my Pixel XL (Android 9, December 5, 2018 update), but the email notifications were working fine. This is with Arlo App version 2.6.5_23400.

When I installed the application it asked for permissions for "Telephone", but when I checked the permissions it wasn't granted. I didn't think much of it at the time, so I went to install the Alexa skill to see if it would work on my Spot (it does). After that I went back to the Arlo app and it asked for the "Telephone" permission again. Once I granted it then I started to receive notifications. However, they are silent. That is, I can see the notification information about the motion detected on the correct camera, but there is no vibration, sound or led light. A step in the right direction, but ultimately it is the email notification that tells me an event has occured as that vibrates.

Fliersguy
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting. I also did not grant phone permission when asked. I went into app permissions and did grant it per your experience.  Unfortunately it did not make any change for me on notifications.  I still recieve email notifications but not an android notification. Frustrating.  I have a friend with a new Pixel XL 3 that is recieving android notifications with no issue.

Helpme1234
Guide
Guide
can someone change the title of this posit to remove the word Android as it has same problem with IOS.
Arlo... why don’t you just go back to the way it was before the update. I am going to go onto 4BC on Sat mornings and talk to the tech guy.. he has contacts in Netgear and at least will be able to alert the public.
Fliersguy
Tutor
Tutor

After going back in the application and changing the permissions for "Telephone" access it appears as if I am now getting push notifications. I did do an app uninstall and re-install as well. Of course now I have the multiple notifications problem! Gives me 2 notifications per event. You can't win! But at least it appears as if for now I am getting Android notifications. Thanks to louco73 for the suggestion.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but here's what has pretty much worked for me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ Android 8

Issues:

A million audible alerts for a single triggered event - no suggestions cited anywhere have resolved this for me.

LED notification does NOT work at all period - no suggestions anywhere have resolved this for me.

My solutions:

LED problem - using third party LED control app - there are many out there, the one which has been most reliable for me is Light Manager Pro. 

Multipe audible alerts for single triggered event - using third party app Notificon (I think someone else somewhere, maybe on Reddit, had mentioned this app as a cure, don't remeber have research so much I've gone crosseyed).

There are LED light managers which combine both LED and sound configurations, but none of the ones I tried reliably worked for me.

The combination I am using works most always - but every so often something wigs out and I won't get the notifications until I go to unlock my screen, then I will receive the audible alert and see the Arlo icons on the lock screen for past notifications.  Not sure why it happens - but think that was happening WITHOUT my using third-party apps to tame the Arlo Android app beast.

And BTW - the issues I've had with notifications, the sound and LED weirdness, happen with ALL Arlo Android verions if used presently, going as far back as version 2.5.1_21471.  Although back when 2.5.1_21471 first came out and I used it, I had NO ISSUES, so there's more there than meets the eye, it seems.  There have been multiple phone updates since, of course.  The Arlo app hates playing nice with Samsung devices, I think.  The current Android app version always shows my mode status as DISARMED - but if I use a web browser, shows the correct modes enabled and not disarmed.

Arlo sucks - sorry, it just does.  One thing after another.

Anyway, Light Manager Pro and Notificon, check out all the settings in the apps and tweak as needed.

Highpeakjohn
Initiate
Initiate
I had same issue on my android S7. Email notifications fine but mobile push notifications didn't work. I uninstalled Arlo app and reinstalled it (same auto auto uodated version 2.7.0_23403 of 7 Jan 2019). Push notifications to mobile now work.
I accepted the 2 options for Arlo to make calls or something.
jaytheprofit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem lg v20 but wife's htc a9 working just fine. 

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

After updating to 2.7.2, the push has become more delayed - if at all.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sveinolse

Is this occurring over wifi or mobile data? Have you tried to remove/reinstall the app or clear the App cache?

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

I've only tried mobile data. I have removed the app, restarted my mobile, and reinstalled the app many times. Still the same. But most annoying now is that it is not possible to get into mode (via the mode tab) and turn the mode on or off. But there is another thread.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
klparnell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Drewsters
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the exact same issue with my Arlo Pro and was on the phone to Arlo yesterday for over an hour. They were useless getting me to take down my cameras, remove battery's, turn off base and uninstall the app to name a few.
My wife gets notifications and so does my tablet but not my own phone (Huawei p20)
The result was them saying I had to wait for the next update due mid June for a fix! Nope!
I have worked out the issue and how to get round it: the issue is not with the equipment but Arlo themselves. I created another user on my account using Googlemail rather than Gmail as I can't have a user with the same email as mine. ( You can put Googlemail in replace of Gmail in your address and you still get mail) low and behold I now get all notifications on my phone now so it's not our phones that are the issue, its to do with Arlo!
I know it's not complete resolve but it's a workaround.
klparnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Drewsters!  Great idea.... 😉

drh1214
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for that advice. That worked.
klparnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I switched to an iphone instead of the android and now my notifications are working most of the time..... 😉

drh1214
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model Version H11.

Firmware version 1.092.0.23_32920.

Operating system: Android version 9.

Push notifications have stopped working again. I ungranted access and then regranted access to to 2 user accounts that should be receiving push notifications as suggested in a previous post. Only one of us receiving notifications now. We are unable to both receive notifications. 

This really defeats the purpose of having a system that is supposed to provide notifications. 

We paid a lot of money for our 9 camera system. Additionally, we pay the $150 per year for a subscription. The performance over the past few months has been horrible. I hope Arlo can get it's act together soon. At this point, it's not a product I'd recommend to anyone.