Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DanNM
Star
Star
There doesn't seem to be any firmware updates, I've tried everything within the app, turning off then on again and saving but still no audio push notifications.

Audio on phone is all the way up. I also logged out of the app and then relogged in. Anybody know what's going on?
91 REPLIES 91
mlott132
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated my app to the latest release 2.6.4_23200 and the notifications now work. However, it uses my default tone and the S9+ notification LED does not blink. Glad they fixed the notification issue now they just need to get the sound and LED working correctly.

Helpme1234
Guide
Guide
iOS apple store still shows version 2.6.3 which I have downloaded again this morning...still 1-2 mints delay on txt notifications....
Helpme1234
Guide
Guide
iPhone X with latest updates.... I have 9 cameras and all was perfect prior to the update....
tried deleting app etc... tried moving cameras to inactive smart notification menu but nothing.l. Still takes about 1 - 2 minutes to get a txt notification..
Apple store still shows version 2.6.3..... apparently there is a version 2.6.4...?
pbigpapa
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have a Google Pixle XL with Android v.9

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the latest update on arlo 2..6.3 and iPhone X with the latest iOS. Notifications don’t work!!! They stopped working as soon as I signed up to arlo smart.
They started working again. As soon as I started to unsubscribe from Arlo Smart.
Helpme1234
Guide
Guide
I have all my cameras in the “inactive” for the smart notification and the notification still take 1-2 minutes to come through ... before the update it was 2-3 seconds. Is that how you are “unsubscribe from smart”..??
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
You have to go to change subscription and pick the free option.
Helpme1234
Guide
Guide

Problem is the free service only handles up to 4 cameras... once u go more than that you have no option....

Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

The free service will take up to 5 cameras, I purchased another base station, set up another account, allowed access to the second account so they are all appearing on the one screen, although it costs for the extra base station you save with no subscription costs

Helpme1234
Guide
Guide

Wish I did that... I paid for the year option... thought it was pretty good as I was pretty happy with the cameras at that stage .... now it’s pretty useless...

hello netgear.....when r u fixing this problem...?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always cancel your subscription and get a pro-rated refund. You also can also redo your setup at any time.

jimnilson
Tutor
Tutor

Push notifications have been totally messed up since my last Android upgrade.  Following the thread, it is evident that Arlo does not care!!  Isn't anyone from corporate monitoring the community comments?  I've tried all the suggestions that are recommended in the community to no avail.  Too bad that I have invested hundreds of dollars for an absolutely insecure system!!

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
The fact that I’m not getting notifications on iPhone I’ve decided to go back to basic package. This makes notifications work again.
Unless more people do the same and stop paying arlo. They couldn’t give a damn.
Helpme1234
Guide
Guide
Latest message from arlo.......

Thank you for the information. Upon further checking with the problem, this is considered a known issue to the development team. They are still working for a fix to resolve the issue. Please standby for updates.
Fliersguy
Tutor
Tutor

New user, here just installed yesterday. Samsung S9 Android 8 and I have never recieved a notification. Not a sound or LED blink. I've uninstalled everything and re-installed to no avail. The only way I get any notification is if I check the email box and then about 30 seconds to a minute later I get an email notice. I don't want email notices I would prefer a regular Androind notification. Looks like Arlo is slow to respond to these issues. I'm giving it about one more week and then its all going back in a box and being returned. Not impressed. Oh and the first camera was a bust did'nt have a range over 10' to even trigger an event. NOT IMPRESSED! 

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@Fliersguy wrote:

I have never recieved a notification. Not a sound or LED blink. I've uninstalled everything and re-installed to no avail.

It shows that there is a program error at Arlo. They just gotta fix it!

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

So annoying. I am receivng late notifications and when I receive them I get 6 to 7 alerts for one notification. I have switched over notifcations to email, which solves the multiple alerts issue for now, but I do receive the email norifications about 1 minute late. So dissapointed in Netgear. They're too busy releasing new products. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lakersfreak

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok great! Hopefully it's fixed soon. I'm looking forward to it. The last 3 weeks have been very annoying.
Fliersguy
Tutor
Tutor

And I see with the latest Android update (this morning 12/7) the notification issue is still not fixed. Look how old the thread is and still no progress. Disappointing.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@Fliersguy wrote:

And I see with the latest Android update (this morning 12/7) the notification issue is still not fixed.

Do you mean version 2.6.5_23400? 

I'm so annoyed by all the versions - and as we're not told, have come. Google Play gives no notice of update. Arlo has a customer register that they could have used when something new happens. We had taken advantage of new features instead of discovering them all by chance.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
Fliersguy
Tutor
Tutor

@Sveinolse wrote:

@Fliersguy wrote:

And I see with the latest Android update (this morning 12/7) the notification issue is still not fixed.

Do you mean version 2.6.5_23400? 

I'm so annoyed by all the versions - and as we're not told, have come. Google Play gives no notice of update. Arlo has a customer register that they could have used when something new happens. We had taken advantage of new features instead of discovering them all by chance.

Yes I show that as the latest updated December 5th. It has a glitch or two as well.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I truly believe these multiple sound notification issues and the accompanied ridiculous delays are never gonna be fixed, because they do not seem to have a clue about what they're doing. Their ineptitude is staggering.

ACruz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with my S9...
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I get getting "we're working on it" from tech support. It's been a month and nothing has improved. I have a feeling they care more about releasing new products then fixing their app.