Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DanNM
Star
Star
There doesn't seem to be any firmware updates, I've tried everything within the app, turning off then on again and saving but still no audio push notifications.

Audio on phone is all the way up. I also logged out of the app and then relogged in. Anybody know what's going on?
91 REPLIES 91
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DanNM,

Check your notification tone by logging in to your Arlo mobile app and navigating to Settings > Notifications > Notification Tone.

JamesC

eyestothesky
Initiate
Initiate
I am also experiencing this issue as of the past couple of days. The push alerts on my Samsung Galaxy S9 are enabled both in the system settings for the Arlo app as well as in the model settings within the Arlo app itself. I am not receiving an audible alert nor the visual bird graphic that normally appears in the push notifications.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the notifications in system settings as well as the app, cleared the app cache, force stopped the app, and rebooted the phone with no luck so far.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eyestothesky,

Have you tried changing the alert tone within notification settings?

JamesC

jjames1
Guide
Guide

mine was not working either on Pixel 2, I added permisions for storage, location and microphone, and started working, not sure which one fixed, but do not want to touch now, as getting alerts again

FVuitW
Initiate
Initiate

Had the same issue here with several cell phones.

here's my solution:

Go to the Arlo website and log in to your Arlo account or the master account

When the cameras are shared, de-select all cameras for that account and press save.

Enable the cameras again and click save.

PS: We have 1 major family account which is the master. 3 familiy members are part of the "Grant access" group. We noticed that 1 family member didn't get the notifications on his cell-phone, but when he logged in with the other account notifications did come in (so not an app or cell-phone issue).

jjames1
Guide
Guide

ok, had issue on other phone, the permisions change did not fix

we also fixed by the above fix recomendation

settings\guest acess\{users profile}
then setting "Allow Access Rights" to off, then save, then to on, then save

working again, thanks FVuitW

Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to turn off the Arlo smart feature as my puch alerts are acting crazy however when I try to toggle off all the slides a message comes up saying I have to have one slide activated??

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve been having notification issues with both iOS and Android certainly since the latest app update, I’d only been getting notifications about some movement and not others....recordings are there in the library when I’ve had no notification!!
However I think it’s possibly fixed by dragging the cameras in the Arlo Smart menu in settings from the active section to the inactive section .....I think this turns off the smart functionality and makes them activate/notify on ANYTHING - can anyone clarify this is what being in the inactive section means?
(note when they were in the active area of Smart I had all options for detection on so should picked up anything anyway!).
Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, so I have moved all cameras in Arlo Smart to the inactive section and all notifications are working perfectly now....what a day I have had trying to sort this out

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

After testing this this morning it seems now to be notifying me on every motion detection......yipee!

Now, don't break it please!!!!

jimnilson
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem since my recent Android upgrade on my S9 Plus.  I've done everything imaginable to fix.  Works fine on my wife's Iphone 8+.  I think the android arlo app is the culprit.  No one seems to want to own the problem.

jimnilson
Tutor
Tutor

My S9+ problems began when my Android OS was updated.  Arlo was working before.  Works fine on my wife's iphone 8

You would think Arlo would be able to fix this problem???

CameraPug
Star
Star

Same issue here, with a Samsung S7. After the update the following issues have shown up:

1. Alerts no longer trigger notifications to show up on the phone until you open the Arlo app or get another notification from a different app. 

2. The custom notification sounds no longer work and it uses the default phone notification sound.

3. It also seems that the notification sound repeats 3 to 4 times for each notification when they do finally come through. 

4. When making a phone call the Arlo app crashes. 

pbigpapa
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo app did an update last week, and the notification to switched to the phones default instead of the tone I set for Arlo. Now I can't get any alerts.

Nrod9
Initiate
Initiate
Same issues with me here. App is updated. All notifications set to on. Sometimes I get no notifications for days but my wife still does. Other times I get notifications but the tone is my phone's default tone and not the specific one I've set up on my Arlo app. I called Arlo and spoke to a technician who didn't seem to know that this is a big problem as this forum has many posts about the same issue. What is going on Arlo, we all paid big money for your system and now we can't use it to self monitor our homes !!! Not happy !
Jsabbage
Initiate
Initiate
Same exact issue here.
"Alerts no longer trigger notifications to show up on the phone until you open the Arlo app or get another notification from a different app.

2. The custom notification sounds no longer work and it uses the default phone notification sound.

3. It also seems that the notification sound repeats 3 to 4 times for each notification when they do finally come through.

4. When making a phone call the Arlo app crashes. " Anyone?!
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@Jsabbage wrote:
Same exact issue here.
"Alerts no longer trigger notifications to show up on the phone until you open the Arlo app or get another notification from a different app.

4. When making a phone call the Arlo app crashes. " Anyone?!

Same here.

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
Having the exact same issues as others - notifications not working and the Arlo app crashes when making/recieving a call.
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

Sometimes I have a big delay on the puch message. Today it was 20 minutes from motion until the push message came.. It is far too late to be able to respond to whether someone should be outside.

The delay may vary from a few seconds to actually not at all.  I have a very fast broadband (Telenor advertises with the world's fastest  Smiley Very Happy). So it should really go fast to get puch and email. Puch and email follow each other on time.

Is there anyone who experiences the same?

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is this camera on Arlo Smart?

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

No.  I expect that when the buttons show green - is slid to the right - all the movement is reported about.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep Android app playing up here, not all notifications are coming through.
MircoT
Star
Star

hello,

same here.

with arlo smart active on 5 cameras, push notification does not arrive at all.

email notification arrive minutes after the motion detection. sometimes email notification arrive 3 or 4 hours after the motion detection!

now I've disabled arlo smart (on all cameras) and tested all the cameras: email notification arrive within minutes, push notification does not arrive or, maybe, 1 of 10.

p.s.: I'm sorry for my bad english.

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Android or iOS? iOS update today might of helped, if Android uninstall the app and download an older apk and turn off auto updates see if it’s any better or now.