Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mattymoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Google pixel phone (Android) that I prefer to leave on silent. Only the phones alarm makes a noise when set. Is there a way to set up my phone or Arlo 2 system to also receive the Arlo 2 push notifications with noise even if my phone is set on silent?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pilotchip
Tutor
Tutor
  1. Go to Android settings
  2. Apps & Notifications
  3. Arlo
  4. Notifications
  5. Select "Override Do Not Disturb"

To make this happen, your phone probably has to already be on Do Not Disturb, not just manually set on silent or vibrate. In your DND settings, you can specify Alarm Only, etc. Then the above steps will allow Arlo to override that and work as desired. I have DND set to go on every night at 11pm and off at 11am and to only allow Alarms, and texts/calls from starred contacts (such as family & work). You can also set DND to return the phone's ringer to default volume when you turn off your alarm in the morning.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pilotchip
Tutor
Tutor
  1. Go to Android settings
  2. Apps & Notifications
  3. Arlo
  4. Notifications
  5. Select "Override Do Not Disturb"

To make this happen, your phone probably has to already be on Do Not Disturb, not just manually set on silent or vibrate. In your DND settings, you can specify Alarm Only, etc. Then the above steps will allow Arlo to override that and work as desired. I have DND set to go on every night at 11pm and off at 11am and to only allow Alarms, and texts/calls from starred contacts (such as family & work). You can also set DND to return the phone's ringer to default volume when you turn off your alarm in the morning.

mattymoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much...this is the perfect solution. Much appreciated!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation