Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro2 Looks Like A Light Shining On It At Night

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mrclint
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need help with night vision, I have a camera on front porch at night when lights are off it looks like a light is shinning on it??? When I turn porch light on then camera seems to work perfect. I'll show screen shots of no lights and one with porch light on, any advice will be appreciated I just bought these a month ago and don't know what's wrong. Thank you. I think it's only letting me post 1 picture so I'll post it with NO light on but it looks like a light is on for some reason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It looks like a lot of refelection off the wall... can you angle it away a bit?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mrclint
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is a picture with porch light on looks good, but I don't want to leave light on all night.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It looks like a lot of refelection off the wall... can you angle it away a bit?

Morse is faster than texting!
Mrclint
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I will angle it more outwards, thanks for the help hope this works. Thank you.

Mrclint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just remembered I have a skin on the camera could that be causing the reflection?? It does hang over the ends of camera.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Yes, the skins can degrade the image quality. You should remove the skin and see if it helps. You still will need to aim the camera away from that wall though. The wall will reflect light back into the camera, degrading the image quality, and causing the rest of the image to be underexposed.

Mrclint
Aspirant
Aspirant
As suggested I removed the skin and also moved camera angle outwards more, it seemed to work. Thank you for the help I'll show a screenshot now.
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Looks much better now.  Thanks for letting us know how it turned out!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation