Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jillianr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased my Cameras in February because they were the best cameras that also had no subscription fee and kept videos for 7 days.

Now after I've moved they want to charge me an extra $99 per year because my internet has a new IP address which apparently consititutes a change in my profile which is triggering me now haing to have a subscription.  Completely nonsense as this is written NO where in any of the materials I have.  This is completely unacceptable and their reprehensible customer service (namely supposed call center supervisor Nick Emp ID N4578J)  as insult to injury.   I've written the better business bureau but am wondering if there is a better/quicker way to get this resolved.  I either need to return these cameras for a refund or arlo needs to make them work as they used to.  Would love feed back. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jillianr
Aspirant
Aspirant

OMG! You guys were right!  I'd actually talked to them on 3 way (my cousin called). I asked for the phone number and googled it... sure enough it was a 888-99x-xxxx....total SCAM!  My apologies to Arlo, lol. Will try the actual numbe tomorrow to see if I can get my camera working again. Thanks for  the feed back!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

That’s strange, are you sure it was arlo you spoke you as I can’t see how changing your internet provider or obtaining a new IP address  would  constitute as extra charges. I often change my IP address as my provider has this ability as it’s dynamic and I’ve not  experienced any problems.

i would double check you contacted the correct number for customer support.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@NewfieDrool wrote:

That’s strange, are you sure it was arlo you spoke ....

This is an important point.

Who did you call? If it was one of those sites found with a web search, then there is a high probability that it has nothing to do with Arlo.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@NewfieDrool wrote:

That’s strange, are you sure it was arlo you spoke ....

This is an important point.

Who did you call? If it was one of those sites found with a web search, then there is a high probability that it has nothing to do with Arlo.

I agree. 

Also, Internet IP addresses change all the time (even if you don't change ISPs), so the explanation for the charge makes no sense at all.

jillianr
Aspirant
Aspirant

OMG! You guys were right!  I'd actually talked to them on 3 way (my cousin called). I asked for the phone number and googled it... sure enough it was a 888-99x-xxxx....total SCAM!  My apologies to Arlo, lol. Will try the actual numbe tomorrow to see if I can get my camera working again. Thanks for  the feed back!!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation