Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased Arlo Pro 2 6-camera system. How to deactivate old system and use all 6 cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

Hi everybody,
Currently I have Arlo pro (720p) setup with 5 cameras working fine.
I just purchased brand new Arlo Pro 2 (VMS4630P-100NAS) set with 6 cameras.
I want to replace my old system (5 cameras) with new Arlo Pro 2 (6 cameras).
The question:
How do I deactivate the old system and activate the new system and make sure that ALL new 6 cameras are activated. and working.
I'm asking this question because there are horror stories that people can not activate all 6 cameras on the 6 cameras sets purchased new from store.
Please advise. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JacekN wrote:

The question:
How do I deactivate the old system and activate the new system and make sure that ALL new 6 cameras are activated. and working.
I'm asking this question because there are horror stories that people can not activate all 6 cameras on the 6 cameras sets purchased new from store.

One option is to set up the new system in a new account. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JacekN wrote:

The question:

One option is to set up the new system in a new account. 

JacekN
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, that worked.

However, Arlo tried to trick me to buy subscription. During 5th camera setup a popup showed up with notification that arlo supports 5 cameras on free plan with the option to buy subscription. I have ignored and closed that popup and continued with 5th and 6th camera setup. At the end all 6 cameras are activated and working. On the other note, this system is not even close to 1080p resolution. This is false advertisement! The resolution is somewhat close do old DVD resolution. Pixelation all over the picture and don't even think about zooming. When zoomed in, faces are nothing but pixels and there is no way can be recognized. Expensive "security system" that the face of the intruded can not be recognized from distance of 5 feet???. Nothing but expensive garbage toy. Am I missing something? Anybody from Arlo care to explain?

Morrelli
Tutor
Tutor
My advice- return the pro 2 cameras and stay with what you had. The pro 2 cameras are sub par with known hardware issues as far as I am concerned. Wait until your night vision doesn’t work- hard to believe I paid what I did for a daytime camera only. That’s okay though because most thieves steal during the day, right? I think the answer to the pro 2 camera issues was to creat Pro 3 and put the research costs on the consumer!
Morrelli
Tutor
Tutor
I should have also mentioned- a little known bit, if you are viewing motion triggered images in your library and you zoom them in, that zoom will remain for future capture and can cause the pixelating as well. Make sure you zoom back out before exiting app.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation