Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem with schedule and geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Enoto
Follower
Follower
I’m having an intermittent problem. My mode is set with a schedule overnight from 10pm to 7 am but also want geofencing so if I go out it alerts while I’m gone. It seems to cross over and see I am gone ok but it is forgetting that overnight it should be alerting. I woke up this morning to find my back door has been opened and checked Arlo to find it has been unarmed all night.
6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
I find now that geofencing no longer works for me, suggest that you do manual switching when you go out and return.
Suggest you restart base daily and pull camera batteries daily if you want reliable camera operation of the system, although it will not fix the geofencing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is working on an app release that addresses several geofencing issues being reported by users. We hope to have that app update available soon.

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I had trouble with this early on too. The work around that seems to work best for me is to put it on 3 schedules. One for Day, one for Night, and the regular Armed mode. 

My Night and Armed Modes are duplicates of each other, so my schedule is this:

Midnight - 7:00 a.m = ARMED

7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. = DAY

9:00 p.m. - 11:59 pm = NIGHT

I found that there was some confusing in the armed mode at the midnight switch over and my system would disarm each night. It was also worse and unpredicatable when I had SmartThings connected to it. I removed SmartThings, and set up the above schedule and I haven't had a problem since. I also use geofencing to switch between modes when our mobile phones leave/return from the zone. 

So my Geofencing is set to ARMED to phones, and back to normal schedule when we are home.   Hope this helps becasue the schedules are frustrating and they are also used to be different on IOS (probably same on Andriod) than they were on the website. I'd suggest scheduling in the brower and then geofencing is you wish from your mobile. 

I also had a geofencing issue once, and when I checked I found that it moved my home location about a mile away in to another neighborhood

Dannybear
Master
Master
Maybe they should fix the forum website while they are at it.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Dannybear wrote:
Maybe they should fix the forum website while they are at it.

Tell us more. What's bust for you?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Dannybear
Master
Master
Email notifications for subscription threads are not sent.
Threads jump around between boards.
Replies go missing on threads.
Navigational delays and general dead stops using safari.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation