Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 - Issues with Vehicles and People

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dougscottsdale
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having an ongoing issue wth my front facing camera.  I feel like it is in an ideal position, angeled so that viewing motion is moving somewhat across it's field of vision, relatelively close to the what I want to have covered.  I'll give you the scenario of what you see below, which happens all the time.  My wife left with the SUV to go to Costco, it's a rather large car....  camera didnt notice it leaving.  She came back, didnt pick it up... she pulled my car out into the driveway to make room to take out the groceries, got out, and walked back into the garrage.  Not a single piece of this activity was noticed.  The pictures are of a live stream I captured just to prove the car was there.  The second photo is just an example to show how HUGE her SUB is in the field fo vision.   The camera will pick up an uber eats delivery at 10pm every time, but this mass of activity going on during the day is invisibile and it happens all the time.

Screenshot_20190228-153502_Arlo.jpgScreenshot_20190228-153528_Arlo.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
rdn222
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a install with similar type issues.  The camera faces directly down the driveway and has a full view of the street in front.  Vehicles moving from screen right to left are often missed, or just out of frame in the recorded video.   Vehicles moving left to right are more captured. 

The other day I had to disable the camera because wind blowing around the grass and bushes was blowing up my phone with notificiatons,  yet the camera has yet to record the big yellow school bus that drives thru and stops in frame twice a day?

dougscottsdale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I know!  so frustrating

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the Pro2 has a max range of about 25 ft for people and works on IR to detect motion...

Since you state it works better at night, you may have to dupe the Armed mode ( create custom mode ) for the day time with a higher sense level.

Use the higher level sense in the day and the other at night...

Increase the sense level about 1-2% per time and test ( so you don't get to many false triggers )... Most of mine work well at 90-92% settings

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation