Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remote Temperature Monitoring Of Home

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Vernw2
Follower
Follower

Looking for something to pair with Arlo Pro 2 system that will monitor the temperature of my home and send me an alert if inside temperature drops below a specified level ?

4 REPLIES 4
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

There are several options.  One that I use is Sensor Push with the WiFi gateway.

http://www.sensorpush.com

Not sure what you mean by paired with Arlo. This product works independently.

brh
Master
Master

@Vernw2

I control my Arlo system using Samsung's Smartthings. Nearly every sensor that I have exposes a temperature reading that can be used to do just what you are asking.

Brian

xtiansimon
Aspirant
Aspirant

The SensorPush sensor has it's own base station/router, but can you use it with with the Arlo base station? 

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@xtiansimon wrote:

The SensorPush sensor has it's own base station/router, but can you use it with with the Arlo base station? 

It's not clear what you mean by "use it with".  If you mean integrate the temp sensor data/alerts with the Arlo app, then SensorPush has talked about releasing an API, but I haven't heard anything more about it yet, so it's not currently possible.

If you mean eliminating the SensorPush gateway, then it would require that Arlo integrate with SensorPush's proprietary system, which seems very unlikely.

I don't feel any need to integrate the two myself, and I'm not sure what the benefit would be.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation