Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 Always Recording

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Cornfield
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried everything but my cameras are constantly recording when there is no motion or sound. I must get a hundred recordings a day. It is really annoying because I'm having to recharge the batteries almost weekly. I have tried repositioning the cameras and turning the audio off. I've disconnected the cameras, reset the base station, turned everything off and back on but nothing works. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get the cameras to only record when there is actual motion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to be funny, but you do know there is an adjustment for the sense level??

It's in the Mode your arming with; MODE/edit(>)/pick cam, Edit/under if motion is detected, edit...save

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to be funny, but you do know there is an adjustment for the sense level??

It's in the Mode your arming with; MODE/edit(>)/pick cam, Edit/under if motion is detected, edit...save

Morse is faster than texting!
Cornfield
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Guru. I had them set at 80% and moved them down to 60%. We'll see what happens.

Auntie
Tutor
Tutor
Having same issue even w sensitivity adjustment 😬
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Auntie,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps where Cornfield mentioned: "I have tried repositioning the cameras and turning the audio off. I've disconnected the cameras, reset the base station, turned everything off and back on but nothing works."?

Cornfield
Tutor
Tutor

Guru..... I haven't logged in here for some time but I did want to say thanks. The settings you suggested worked just fine and as a result I don't have to charge the batteries near as often. Thanks again!

Michaelktm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue, turning sensitivity right down doesn’t help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're turning the sensitivity down in your modes and rules and saving, right?

Michaelktm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it's likely camera positioning that's the issue. Read the FAQs here on best camera positioning. Post screenshots of the camera(s) view.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation