Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Detecting Tree/Shrub Movement

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
light487
Tutor
Tutor
So I've setup my cameras in the spots I need them, pointed them as low as I can to avoid getting alerts off vehicles passing in the street. However, now I seem to be getting a lot of alerts when the wind is blowing, which happens a lot in my area. It seems to be detecting the shrubs and plants and trees moving. So it's almost constantly recording.

I've attached a picture of the worst offending camera. The spikey grass shrubs look like they are the ones causing the false positives. What can be done to reduce the amount of detections but still have enough sensitivity to pick up on people walking along the sidewalk?
1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you turn the sensitivity down further so that the shrubs don't set them off, but only just? And at that sensitivity, an object as large as a person still triggers the camera?
If that doesn't work, you'll either need to look at changing the camera position or hoping that the Arlo Smart service with activity zones works well for you.

I have a camera overlooking the sidewalk as well and I have a solar panel on it. It gives a LOT of recordings but still manages to stay 95%+ battery the vast majority of the time. It just makes it difficult to look for recordings of interest

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation