Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Greg123
Guide
Guide

1 pro inside house with arlo charge cable and 1 pro 2 outside with aftermarket charge cable both stoped charging around the same time the pro is a year old the pro 2 maybr 6 months,
I've tried multiple cables and receptacles as i have about 8 of them since every camera and charger comes with one .
I have tried all the common sense and simple things
I have 3 other cameras that are fine

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Greg123

May I ask what troubleshooting steps you have performed? It will help assist with the situation, thanks

LLZEL
Guide
Guide

what difference does it make on troubleshooting. Why should we have to troubleshoot anyway. These arlo cameras are POS when plugged into AC power. I have 6 pro 2 (after buying HD, than Pro) plugged in and 2 work on AC power. I've been on the phone for hours. I've used nothing but Arlo chargers (5v-9v) chargers and cables. JUNK. I'm ready to throw $1500 into the trash. So spare me the troubleshoot. I haven't had to troubleshoot this much ever on any electronics. Never buying ultra. 

And by the way Netgear, no one uses Flash anymore!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@LLZEL wrote:

what difference does it make on troubleshooting. Why should we have to troubleshoot anyway.

"God helps those who help themselves." - Ben Franklin

If you can't be bothered to do basic troubleshooting, we can't be bothered to even read your blathering.

LLZEL
Guide
Guide

Read my post...I've done nothing but troubleshoot. I spent 2+ hours on the phone yesterday "troubleshooting" everything I already troubleshot for hours prior to that. Change cables, chargers, batteries, cameras. There is obviously problems with arlo pro 2 cameras when used with AC power. It's 20 degrees out and my cameras are 10' on a wall. I just spent 1+ hour on chat with arlo on another pro 2 that quit charging/operating on AC power yesterday. I have 6 cameras. The one pro plugged in has never experienced an issue. Of the other 5 pro 2, 2 have worked connected to AC. and the other 3 have not. I've swapped the cameras with the pro and they work fine on AC, go back to pro 2...error. Today's chat wanted me to take a picture of the charger and upload. For God's sake I told her 10 times it was an Arlo charger that worked with another arlo pro 2 and all the pro cameras with different batteries. ALL ARLO PRODUCTS. They have a junk product and the Ultra forces you to replace everything...horrible

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation