Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 offline flashing orange steady blue.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Morko
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Pro 2 camera, 3 of 3, went offline, battery was still around 40%. The other two cameras are still fine. I plugged in the camera overnight, just in case, no luck, forums said to delete and resync, this has caused the camera to go into a light flashing loop of steady blue then blinking orange. Forums say it’s doing a firmware update but it remains offline. I’ve tried resetting the base station and the other cameras. They all work but now the ‘dead’ cam doesn’t show in the app, and still the blue steady and blinking orange light on the camera.
This happened end of November around the time a firmware update occurred, the camera in question was the furthest away from the base. I’m guessing the update failed and now it’s in an update loop.
Is there any way of forcing an update if the cam is offline?
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinserting the battery may be useful (you don't mention that). However, it seems the camera is faulty, whether caused by a firmware update or not. You can try using the app, Settings, Support to get more help.

Morko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, yes I’ve tried de powering the camera, removing battery and charge cable, pressing sync button for 15 seconds. Sync via app and then the base station.
I believe it was a firmware failure so now the camera is dead.
I would think Arlo should have a button in the app that can confirm whether it is a good time to do a firmware upgrade or not, as this seems to have been automatically done and for some reason failed rendering the camera useless.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation