Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
PhillyMike82
Aspirant
Aspirant

lately my arlo 2 system has been freezing (not recording any video) every few days.  I can simply power cycle the base station and then its back to normal.  I called Arlo tech support several times and last instruction was to call my internet provide and have them switch my port and channel.  I did that and now it seems to be worse.  All 3 of my cameras are hardwired for power and I am paying for the CVR subscription.  Hoping someone can help me with this issue.

Much appreciated,

Mike

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a bad base but I'd start with removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If it still happens, what are the LEDs on the base showing?

chriswilk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem recently. Worked faultlessly for more than a year, and now frozen 2 times in a week. Flashing amber light on the base station. I assume it's a FW update glitch that will be fixed soon???

my base is VMB4500r2, and it has the latest FW released on 13th Jan 2021 (1.16.4.2_3544_e3618b1). Gone offline 2 times since the FW update, never before that... seems very likely FW update is the problem

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or something has changed in your environment. A flashing amber Camera LED means a camera is having connectivity issues:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

chriswilk
Aspirant
Aspirant

nothing changed in setup, and I realize flashing amber light is a different matter.

The problem is that the base says offline.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi chriswilk,

Refer to this article if you're seeing your Base Station showing offline: My Arlo SmartHub or base station is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

PhillyMike82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, thanks for your advice.  I tried to re-add the devices and still no good.  Normally when everything is working fine, all leds are solid green except the middle led (web connectivity) which is flashing green.  When the system stops working, all leds are solid green.  Still not sure what the issue is.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi PhillyMike82,

Since you mentioned you contacted the support team but still did not get resolved, let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

hlimawan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, any update on the solution since I am seeing the same problem as well almost on a daily basis (especially overnight which is frustrating since that's when I would like the camera to be capturing events)

Transalp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues here. Years of flawless working in the past...

Bast station shows one camera once and then goes offline when trying to view the second. Comes back on and can see the other cam, but only see one camera at the time. 

The pro's (Pro and Pro2) all recharded mid december (after 6 months, so they were full). Now they are drained within 3 weeks. The HD's are fine somehow (also running 6 months on batteries). But only one of the HD's is connecting.

Recharde the Pro's and still issues to connect to the base. and thus camera's. The home network is not changed or has other issues.

Will try to find out what firmware the base is running or if something was changed the last couple off weeks. Hard to find a page where the latetst is mentioned in a sort of table. Now running 1.12.2.14_817_e5957a9.

No idea if it is the base or  what, but I suspect the firmware.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi hlimawan and Transalp,

If the troubleshooting steps from the article above did not help where your Base Station goes offline, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Transalp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Will try that. Thnx for your reply.

KR, Marcel

hlimawan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica

My base station is online is my camera that is often goes offline

Discussion stats