Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my set up is 2 arlo pro 2 cameras and 3 arlo wireless cameras with a arlo pro 2 base. Every so often one of the pro will not detect motion but the other will. Some times a reboot fixes it and some times I have to remove the battery to reset it. Any clue on what could be causing this?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you could swap the two same cameras to see if it is location over camera...

also check on the mode if it is a custom, maybe delete it and rebuild.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are 5 ft apart,Removed and resync the camera,removed battery and reboot the base. If i do the motion test the led lights up (yellow) when I move but it don't record. I can view live of the camera on the app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode? If there's no rule for the camera, it's disarmed.

Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes the rules are all set right, i even have it set to record with audio and that part works, I just can't get it to record with motion.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When armed... is the motion detect icon BLACK?  ( running man or ball with lines )

Morse is faster than texting!
Linuxglobal
Initiate
Initiate

Sad reply to this since i had the same issue, the system is total junk and has random unpredictable issues. Only solution is to keep resetting the home base, but what is the point of a security system I need to monitor myself 24/7. This reminds me of those cheap china dash cams that would always freeze up. 

We had some cold weather roll in and now one of the cameras just wont detect motion anymore. Its all set up and nothing changed since the colder weather. 

Im so fed up with these useless cameras, mine are hard wired on usb, can see live video, but wont record, or they work sometimes when they feel like it. 

I can walk outside, move my car, and it will maybe capture when I walk back in and door closes. 

Total trash ... rant off. Getting LOREX 4k system installed, wired system. 

Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree with you the cameras are junk! The original wireless arlo work better than the pro 2. Wish arlo actully cared but they have no answers either. Its not user error.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation