Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
7SLOTS4EVER
Follower
Follower

I bought a 3 camera pack of Pro 2's with base station(VMB3500) from COSTCO less than a year ago and up until a week ago I had no issues.  I'm getting the error/message that my base station needs a firmware update.  I've tried updating it through the app and the actual website, but nothing works.  The app gives no response and the website says it failed.  The cameras still record video and they get stored on the library, but there's no live video feed available.  I tried cycling power to the base station, to my router, as well as restarting the base station from the app.  So I break down and call customer support, which was horrible, having to repeat myself over and over again while the person on the other end talks like a robot that's clearly not a "technician".  Long story short she tells me I need to pay $100 to get the firmware update and to cover me for any further updates for the next 6 years!?!  I personally know numerous people with Arlo devices and none of them have ever paid for firmware updates and they have had their devices for years.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

When I click the update firmware button on the app the screen shows: 

Version 1.12.2.8_9

Release Date:  Jul 15, 2020

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Did you call the actual Arlo support number in the link at the bottom of this page. There have been other post of a scam number they googled that said the same. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't talk to Arlo support which is free. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to get the real phone number for your country.

If the base still hasn't updated (it should automatically update overnight), I would suggest you bite the bullet and reset the system. Make a note of all settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. When the base reboots, claim it normally and follow any firmware update directions. Then sync the cameras and use your notes to rebuild the system. It's a pain but gets rid of any weird things.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation