Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 cameras mode selection, can cameras be individually set?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jector11
Follower
Follower

I recently bought 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and would like to be able to set the mode individually. I cannot figure out how to do it, or if it is even possible. I would like to have the 3 cameras covering my entry doors give me an alert and record with motion detection since there is not a lot of traffic there, but I want the 4th camera, which covers the street, record but not send me alerts when motion is detected.

I have a 500Gb memory stick plugged into my base station, and it looks like it should automatically  overwrite. 

Additionally, is there a way to extend the recording time?  Currently it only records about 2 minutes even when there is motion present.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jector11 wrote:

I recently bought 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and would like to be able to set the mode individually.

You might be confusing modes with rules.  The mode controls the base station, inside the mode there are rules for each camera.  What you need to do is edit the rule for camera 4 to turn off notifications.   https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

@Jector11 wrote:

Additionally, is there a way to extend the recording time?  Currently it only records about 2 minutes even when there is motion present.

There is a setting for this in the rules as well.  You can set the fixed recording time from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.  Or you can set it to record until motion stops - although that will time out after 3 minutes. 

There is a downside to making longer recordings.  If you use cloud activity zones or smart notifications, the cloud processing doesn't kick in until the recording stops.  So that will delay your notifications.  Even if you don't have a paid subscription, there could be a longer notification time.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation