Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 batteries won't hold charge. Tried deleting and reinstalling and swapping batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mtnclmbr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 VMB 4000, 4 wireless Pro 2 cameras, 1 Pro 2 on AC.  Batteries won't hold charge.  Firmware up to date, cameras set to optimal battery operation.  Deleted all wireless cameras, then reinstalled. Swapped batteries.  Received single replacement battery from Arlo, charged 100%, after less than 12 hours battery below 50% and less than 10% after 24 hours.  All cameras shown in range of base station.  How do I get Arlo's promise of 2-3 months wirless operation between charges?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual answer has to do with total number of minutes per day of live viewing and recording - the spec is for <5 minutes per day. Also, signal strength and quality issues drain the battery quickly since the camera has to work harder to maintain connection to the base. This can be due to house construction, metallic objects directly in the path of the signal, 2.4GHz wireless interference from other devices, etc.  Give us full details about your house and installation - maybe we can point out fixes.

mtnclmbr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not use the cameras for viewing, not even the aim function for concern over battery time.  I set motion detection only at night 12:00AM to 6:30 am.  The router is both 2.4 and 5 mghrz.  Even the two RMA replacement batteries fail to hold a charge for more than 48 hours.  I suspect the base station.  However Arlo technical support, after numerous repeating phone calls, dropped me when I asked for a supervisor.  Arlo is overprioed junk.

mtnclmbr
Aspirant
Aspirant

For further clarification, the furthest camera is 37 feet from base station, without obstruction except one floor below, hardwood flooring.  Curiously, I also tested the closest camera, 8 feet away, one floor below and it also failed to hold charge on the same RMA battery replacement from Arlo.  Numerous calls to Arlo technical support fail to offer corrective advice.  Last call I was on hold for 1 hour 13 minutes, requested a supervisor and the call was then dropped.  So much for Arlo statement that they will call back in 2 minutes if call dropped. Various blog posts regarding Arlo paint a very poor picture of technical support and inability to truly diagnose the issue, instead repeatedly reading from a prepared script.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation