Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Link shows 2 short videos. This shaking is preventing me to use motion detection.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nleitao
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello guys and gals

Please consider this link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3QVVVhKg4gW9k1X96

Inside you will find 2 short videos from one of my cameras.

This shaking is preventing me to use the movement detection because it's always triggering recording and the alarm since I have it integrated with smartthings.

the other cameras don't have this issue.

Any idea what is going on here?
Thank you in advance for your help

Nuno

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nleitao wrote:

Any idea what is going on here?
Thank you in advance for your help

There is some actual motion in both videos (shadow from the bird in the first one, and wind-blown branches on the right of the scene in the second).

I'm not sure what you mean by "shakes" - I am seeing some pixelation, but no camera movement.

If the camera isn't set up for "best video quality", then try that.  What motion detection threshold are you using?

nleitao
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello good morning

Actually you have some movement, but I can assure it is not the movement, It's what you refer to as pixelization.
It's acting in a cycle of every 2 or 3 seconds. It seems the image moves 1 pixel to the right, then 1 pixel to the left.

I will try to find another example today.

I did set the power management from optimized to best video.

Best regards
Nuno

nleitao
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi nleitao,

You might want to make sure that your cameras aren't too far from the Base Station. You can read more here to learn how to improve the quality: How do I get better picture quality from my Arlo camera?

nleitao
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello JessicaP

Thank you for your reply

I believe this camera is very well positioned as well as the base. Please consider this photo.

Photo  

I marked the camera and the place where the base is; behind that circle, 20 cm away from the wall on a shelf. A second camera exactly in the other opposite corner from the house has no problem.

I'll read your link though.

Once again, thank you

Nuno

nleitao
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll comment on the link you placed, also as a future reference for someone with the same problem.

1. Ensure that your cameras are within range of the base station.

I'm definitely in range. I'm 3 meters away with one wall from inside to outside between; the floor from the ground floor to the first floor is wood.

2. Ensure that your upload speed meets the following minimum requirements:
    • Arlo Ultra cameras: 3 Mbps upload per camera

I just finished a speedtest.net with a skype call going on. 9.6 Mbps upload speed. This happens even if nobody is home, so all the bandwidth is for both cameras. 

3. Minimize the number of networks, WiFi devices, and transmitted frequencies near your base station, SmartHub, and cameras.

My wireless router is maybe 1.5 meters away from the base, smartthings hub is 4 or 5 meters away. The camera is at the window of a room which is being used as a guest room; so it's almost empty.

4. Change the Power Management setting to Best Video.

Power management is in "Best Video" as the previous suggestion.

5. I can try this, but as I said before, the other camera has absolutely no problems so I don't believe this is a router problem.

Any other suggestions? 

Best regards
Nuno

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still experiencing problems, I woulds suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

nleitao
Aspirant
Aspirant

case number, 41755526
Let's see what will come out of this. thank you for the suggestion, Jessica.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation