Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 and 1080p cloud storage, smart premier plan. Where is 1080p?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FirstCup
Star
Star

Arlo pro 2, where is my 1080p?
I started with arlo pro 2 when it came out several years ago and have been happy as a clam as long as I did not think about it. For years I would recommend it to everyone whole heartedly this was the way to go, not so anymore. I think it is a management problem with arlo more than anything else!

Anyway my issue! I have two pro 2 bases and 12 cameras between two locations a thousand miles apart. I was going to do two accounts of arlo so I would have 5 cameras at each location with 7 days free cloud rollover storage at 1080p, I thought. In the end I did one account with Arlo Smart Premier to cover both locations with 10 cameras, 30 day cloud storage and all the other things that went along with it, and I still thought I had 1080p cloud storage. All this for $9.99 per mo. which took me a little time swallow but went that route.

So now I look in my arlo settings under Subscription I see my smart premier with a little information button next to it. When I poke it it tells me, up to 720p cloud recording. So I guess I never had 1080 and lost it, or never had it, don’t know.

I guess I was still living under a rock so about a week ago I see the arlo pro 3 systems and I tell myself that might be a good upgrade for me. So I ordered a 3 camera kit from Costco last week and it should arrive in another day or so. Then I started reading these forums.

I thought I would strive for a little more quality in my security system, if I make any changes to my account I will fall under arlo’s updated subscription ripoff plans. I still do not know if I would ever have 1080p cloud storage. I think my current pro 2 system is no better that the original arlo with 720.

It looks like I will be sending my arlo package back to Costco unopened. How do I tell what my pro 2 is running at.
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FirstCup wrote:

I see my smart premier with a little information button next to it. When I poke it it tells me, up to 720p cloud recording.

Even without a subscription the Pro2 records 1080p.  Download a video from the library, and check the resolution.  Right-clicking on the file in Windows and looking at "details" will show you the resolution:

1080p.png

If you don't see 1920x1072 on your own system, then make sure the video recording is set to best quality.

The older Pro was 720p.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FirstCup wrote:

I see my smart premier with a little information button next to it. When I poke it it tells me, up to 720p cloud recording.

Even without a subscription the Pro2 records 1080p.  Download a video from the library, and check the resolution.  Right-clicking on the file in Windows and looking at "details" will show you the resolution:

1080p.png

If you don't see 1920x1072 on your own system, then make sure the video recording is set to best quality.

The older Pro was 720p.

FirstCup
Star
Star

Thanks for the directions to verify the resolution of my cloud storage. It did check out to the 1080,

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation